1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kobe out 5 games with sprained shoulder

Bryant Out With Sprained Shoulder
Jan 13, 4:33 PM (ET) _Email this Story

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) - Kobe Bryant is expected to miss at least five games and could be sidelined for several weeks with a sprained right shoulder.

The Los Angeles Lakers' star was injured when he was fouled by Kedrick Brown late in the first quarter of a 89-79 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Tuesday that Bryant won't need surgery but probably will go on the injured list. Bryant had an MRI exam Tuesday morning, and the results were not as bad as feared.

"In basic terms, it's a sprained shoulder," Jackson said. "I don't think there's any long-term effects to something like this."

http://sports.iwon.com/news/01132004/v0464.html

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:upset: :mad: :( :no: :upset: :dead: :sour: :uhoh:

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
These are going to be some fun games to watch for me, personally. :bsmile:

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Well, its not bad, you know. At least the Laker bench is getting a good workout each game and players like Rush and Cook are playing well. At worst, the Lakers won't get homecourt advantage but the starters will be healthy and the bench more productive when it really matters.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Although I have despised the Lakers team ever since the 2000 finals, I feel for a team who lost 3 of its 4 only good players. This will be a tough strip of games for you guys.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Aurelino</b>!
Well, its not bad, you know. At least the Laker bench is getting a good workout each game and players like Rush and Cook are playing well. At worst, the Lakers won't get homecourt advantage but the starters will be healthy and the bench more productive when it really matters.
I agree with Aurelino, in the long run it could make them better. With Kobe to miss 5, 6 or 7 games, who in their right mind would think that when it's all said and done this is not a playoff team? And honestly a rested Malone and Shaq is scary no?

-Petey

·
Registered
208 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
These are going to be some fun games to watch for me, personally. :bsmile:
What is wrong with you?

You're gonna enjoy seeing a bunch of scrubs lose?.......cause they happen to have Lakers on their back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Time to release Slava on the rest of the league. One day everyone will remember where they were when Slava was released, much like 9-11 and the Kennedy assassination.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Well this is bad news.. Hopefully Shaq can return soon though.. If the Bench isnt bad they will step up while these three are out.. Some tough games ahead..

Wednesday: Nuggets @ Lakers
Friday: Lakers @ Kings
Saturday: Clippers @ Lakers
Monday: Suns @ Lakers
Wednesday: Lakers @ Memphis

If they can go 3-2 I'd take it.. Almost certain Shaq will be back (But we all know Shaq).. I dont think we are in that bad of shape personally.. We'll be fine.. Its only January.. Come June I'd rather have everyone healthy!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Time to release Slava on the rest of the league. One day everyone will remember where they were when Slava was released, much like 9-11 and the Kennedy assassination.
I agree. Medvedenko is the only Laker who can truly lead us back to the promised land.;)

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
I agree with Aurelino, in the long run it could make them better. With Kobe to miss 5, 6 or 7 games, who in their right mind would think that when it's all said and done this is not a playoff team? And honestly a rested Malone and Shaq is scary no?
They wont be rested... theyll be coming back soon, but this also could shake up their confidence, if they get trounced on, they will lose every bit of confidence they have, plus, the Lakers lose valuable time to get to know eachother... and ill save you the stupid comment, "Your a troll"

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
:cry:

why god, why?

Originally posted by <b>thrice911</b>!

I agree. Medvedenko is the only Laker who can truly lead us back to the promised land.;)
id never thought i would have ever heard that statement
or it be true i also agree

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
They wont be rested... theyll be coming back soon, but this also could shake up their confidence, if they get trounced on, they will lose every bit of confidence they have, plus, the Lakers lose valuable time to get to know eachother...
Shake up their confidence? How so... They'll still be at practice working and if not they'll be there at least working together with plays and stuff getting to know each other.. How that shakes up their confidence and lose "valuable time" to get to know each other is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
Well this is bad news.. Hopefully Shaq can return soon though.. If the Bench isnt bad they will step up while these three are out.. Some tough games ahead..

Wednesday: Nuggets @ Lakers
Friday: Lakers @ Kings
Saturday: Clippers @ Lakers
Monday: Suns @ Lakers
Wednesday: Lakers @ Memphis

If they can go 3-2 I'd take it.. Almost certain Shaq will be back (But we all know Shaq).. I dont think we are in that bad of shape personally.. We'll be fine.. Its only January.. Come June I'd rather have everyone healthy!
the kings game could be the biggest blowout ever if shaq does not play, could you imagine the lineups
Payton Bibby
Medvedenko Divac
George vs Stojakovic
Rush Christie
Grant Miller

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Kareem is going to have to step up more than Slava. He and Payton are the only potential 20 point threats now.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kg_mvp03-04</b>!

the kings game could be the biggest blowout ever if shaq does not play, could you imagine the lineups
Payton Bibby
Medvedenko Divac
George vs Stojakovic
Rush Christie
Grant Miller
Grant isnt gonna be available Friday Night as he's going home to see his dad.. So it would be Payton, Medvedenko, George, Rush, and Sampson if Shaq isnt back!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
Kareem is going to have to step up more than Slava. He and Payton are the only potential 20 point threats now.
I agree Kareem needs to get his shot working for the next few games and Brian Cook as well needs to be solid

·
Registered
702 Posts
The way things are going in my opinion the Lakers could be in the 5th or 6th playoff spot by the playoffs, I hope not because I want to see payton, malone, and especially bryant get a championship ring.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts