Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAS VEGAS – The Charlotte Bobcats have lost out on free agent Antawn Jamison, who will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, the Observer has learned.

The Bobcats were recruiting free agent Jamison as both a power forward and a veteran mentor to a young team. Jamison was torn between the chance to play for his hometown team or to pursue a championship with what figures to be his last NBA contract.

The Brooklyn Nets were also in the running for the two-time All-Star who played for Providence High before starring at North Carolina.

The Bobcats are still pursuing Kris Humphries and Carl Landry in free-agency, to address the power forward position.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2012/07/antawn-jamison-chooses-lakers-over-bobcats.html

Well...you lakers fans better be happy.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Re: Antawn Jamison to join the Lakers

Not done. Just a meeting.

Marc J. Spears ‏

Free agent Antawn Jamison to talk to @Lakers Tuesday, source said. Vet forward excited to play with Kobe & Nash, but still awaiting offer.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

He's clearly made up his mind that he wants to go to the Lakers. However, the Lakers have yet to formally make a contract offer.

If they offer him the MMLE, he'll surely be a Laker. Otherwise, this could be something that unravels. Will Jamison be stubborn over $2M? We'll see....

I hope it happens - him and Grant Hill. I like our AARP All-Star team.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Re: Antawn Jamison meeting with Lakers

If this goes through its a very solid signing for the Lakers. They're a much stronger squad going into next year.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

He's clearly made up his mind that he wants to go to the Lakers. However, the Lakers have yet to formally make a contract offer.

If they offer him the MMLE, he'll surely be a Laker. Otherwise, this could be something that unravels. Will Jamison be stubborn over $2M? We'll see....

I hope it happens - him and Grant Hill. I like our AARP All-Star team.
2 million dollars is a lot of money.

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They already have a great squad going forward, but you've gotta like their chances if they get Jaminson.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts

I'm starting to get really excited for the Grandpa Lakers.

Quick! Someone call Paul Pierce! We might need his wheelchair!

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm starting to get really excited for the Grandpa Lakers.

Quick! Someone call Paul Pierce! We might need his wheelchair!
LOL I just got done watching that to. Classic moment.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
re: Lakers want to talk to Jamison before signing to 1-yr deal

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Lakers has to agreed to terms to sign free agent forward Antawn Jamison to a one-year deal paying the minimum, source tells Y! Sports.
Now, it's done.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts

Definitely a solid addition.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts

Eh, he'll be nice off the bench in the regular season, but I have a hard time seeing him make much of a difference in the playoffs. Doesn't have too much longer in the league.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts

Lame.

Can't play defense, not that great of a shot anymore.

Hopefully can bolster our bench, but I guess its the best we can do in this era of salary cap hell.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

Solid 6th man. Can't believe he completely backtracked and picked the Lakers over the Bobcats. A week or two ago I was reading an interview with him where he said he would LOVE to play in Charlotte because he lives there now and went to school there, has family there, everything. He wants to retire there. And now he's like "**** it, LAL time to jump on the ring chasing bandwagon"

·
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Lame.

Can't play defense, not that great of a shot anymore.

Hopefully can bolster our bench, but I guess its the best we can do in this era of salary cap hell.
For a minimum deal this is a excellent pick up for LA.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts

This deal has not been completed yet...Lakers want to talk to Jamison before signing. Thread title updated. That's 5, Jamel.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Re: Lakers want to talk to Jamison before signing to 1-yr deal

For a minimum deal this is a excellent pick up for LA.
Maybe, but this guy might turn out to be Barnes II...more harm than good.

We'll see. Jamison happens to be in Italy at this moment, so he can't sign with the Lakers until he gets back.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
You guys who think this is a bad signing are out of your minds. One year for the minimum. That's great!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts