Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Twitter:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: TWITTER: Suns' Lopez to Hornets in 3-Way Deal with Wolves

Per Twitter:

Along with Lopez, Suns would send Hakim Warrick to Hornets. Minny would send Wesley Johnson and a 1st round pick to the Suns, sources say.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts

Good move for the Hornets. They need to be playing Davis at the 4 as much as possible this year until he bulks up.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts

Almost too good to be true. Getting rid of Lopez. I don't care what we got back, as long we don't keep him or pay him long term.

If Miller's contract is a hold up, may fall through apparently.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Per Twitter:

At least part of package back to Minny would include Brad Miller (his contract), Jerome Dyson and draft picks, sources say.

For Wolves, deal clears cap space and apparently is a prelude to another potential signing or deal, sources say.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

Looks like the Hornets are trading cap space and the other two teams have something else cooking. If you redid that 2010 draft how many guys go before Wes Johnson? I never understood that pick. Miller can't be moved for a certain period of time can he? Dude is retired and still trying on new jerseys.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looks like the Hornets are trading cap space and the other two teams have something else cooking. If you redid that 2010 draft how many guys go before Wes Johnson? I never understood that pick. Miller can't be moved for a certain period of time can he? Dude is retired and still trying on new jerseys.
Yup, and here it is:

Several league executives believe Minnesota is pursuing free agent Andrei Kirilenko. He's no longer considering Brooklyn, sources say.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Per Wiki, he is still under contract with the Hornets, but has announced his intentions to retire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Miller_(basketball)

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts

AK? I guess they ran out of ideas after being denied throwing everything at Blazers for Batum.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts

Re: Miller

A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97

Miller was traded to the Hornets in a salary cutting move previously. He (or his contract) can't be reacquired by the Wolves.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts

I love Robin Lopez's hair...I don't like his rebounding and blocked shots statistics. That's a lot of money to pay for proxy fouls for Anthony Davis. Yeah it keeps him out of the Center spot so to speak...but I think I would rather overpay Emeka?

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts

Credit to former BBFer Sham aka Mark Deeks for being on my timeline and mentioning it.

Mark Deeks ‏@MarkDeeksNBA

As others have said, Minnesota can't trade for Brad Miller again this year. So either the details are misreported or the Wolves forgot this.
It's surprisingly easy to forget such matters, even if you do it for a living.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

Umm...why the F would the Wolves give away Wes Johnson and a first round pick for nothing? I'm so confused.

Frickin Kahn.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

They are dumping him so that they have the cap space to acquire Kirilenko. It's not that difficult to understand. Johnson is a bust and they are going to try to make the playoffs before Love starts packing his bags.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

When you consider the fact that he lit up the Summer League and showed some real growth, yes it is hard to understand. Trading him away is one thing, but giving a 1st Rd pick to another team as well is another.

There are definitely teams out there with cap room or TPEs who would trade 2nd Rd picks for Johnson. No need to get rid of a pick in the process of dealing him.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts

I like this deal for Phoenix and NO. Lopez had no place in the Suns' rebuilding plan, they had to unload him. And this way we can see Davis featured at the 4 more than the 5, which is definitely a better position for a kid of his stature at this point.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts