Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long, Nash. It was an awesome ride. Really sucks to see you go, but it was time.

I guess his desire to play for NY and with Amare, Melo, trying to win was what he wanted. He also lives in NY.

I like Shumpert a lot. Don't care about other parts. May also used to send to NO if it comes to that.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer
@WojYahooNBA

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Re: PHX Suns Offseason Thread (Suns **** up another draft - select PG Kendall Marshall)

Shumpert, Douglas and low cost guys for Nash? What do Suns fans think about that?

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Re: PHX Suns Offseason Thread (Suns **** up another draft - select PG Kendall Marshall)

Shumpert, Douglas and low cost guys for Nash? What do Suns fans think about that?
I like it. A player on the level of Shumpert is the best possible outcome in a sign n trade scenario for Nash.

But something inevitably has to give.

Assuming everything goes right here for the Suns.. which is clearly a long shot, who would we start given the current roster?

Dragic / Shumpert / Marshall / Douglas / Telfair / Brooks lol
Gordon / Shumpert / Douglas? /
Hill? / Dudley / Childress
Frye / Morris / Warrick?
Gortat / Lopez

EDIT: Forgot about freaking Dudley.

Still so many mediocre players lol. I assume we wouldn't bring Telfair and/or brooks back. I still HATE our front court.

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Re: Knicks, Suns discussing sign and trade deal for Steve Nash

I guess signing Beasley would help out our issue a lot and he would be our starting 3. I would like that as a starting point.. and then work on cleaning up our big guys. Shumpert as a 6th man would be nice, but gotta think that he wants to start when he comes back. Gonna have to see what happens, I would be down to see the first 3 develop though big time.

Dragic
Gordon
Beasley
Frye
Gortat

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I like it. A player on the level of Shumpert is the best possible outcome in a sign n trade scenario for Nash.

But something inevitably has to give.

Assuming everything goes right here for the Suns.. which is clearly a long shot, who would we start given the current roster?

Dragic / Shumpert / Marshall / Douglas / Telfair / Brooks lol
Gordon / Shumpert / Douglas? /
Hill? / Dudley / Childress
Frye / Morris / Warrick?
Gortat / Lopez

EDIT: Forgot about freaking Dudley.

Still so many mediocre players lol. I assume we wouldn't bring Telfair and/or brooks back. I still HATE our front court.

lol wow, PG/SGs.

Still a lot to be decided. I'm not sure yet. Definitely gonna be more moves to clear out logjam. Which is exciting. To see this team so active. Some like we said may be used in a EG trade if it comes to it. I'm not so sure about Dragic anymore. But doesn't seem like anyone else is out there. If we are committed to paying him more than Houston, he'll come back to us.

Pencil in Beasley at SF :D

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm numb and shocked if that's possible. Never thought he'd go to LA. Apparently, wanted to be closer to his kids and contend.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro

In the Nash sign-and-trade, the #Suns will get 2013 & 2015 first-round picks and 2013 & 2014 second-round picks.
Expand

Paul Coro Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro

As @Gambo620 first reported, the #Suns have agreed to send Steve Nash to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade deal for four draft picks and cash.

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
If I was the suns I would tell him to take the MLE if he wanted to go to the Lakers. Would not have facilitated it. Good thing the Suns ownership is still the punch line of the NBA. I'm sure those picks will be useless.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I was the suns I would tell him to take the MLE if he wanted to go to the Lakers. Would not have facilitated it. Good thing the Suns ownership is still the punch line of the NBA. I'm sure those picks will be useless.
I would've asked for 3/4 first rd picks. But sounds like it was between TOR/NY til they stepped it up. We may use these assets - which is what they wanted in other stuff.

I'm not even mad at FO. Nash wanted it so.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
How many jokes have I made over the years about Steve coming to the Lakers? So happy it came into fruition.

Hopefully y'all aren't too bitter, there's always room in the Lakers forum for any Nash fans.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: Knicks, Suns discussing sign and trade deal for Steve Nash

I guess signing Beasley would help out our issue a lot and he would be our starting 3. I would like that as a starting point.. and then work on cleaning up our big guys. Shumpert as a 6th man would be nice, but gotta think that he wants to start when he comes back. Gonna have to see what happens, I would be down to see the first 3 develop though big time.

Dragic
Gordon
Beasley
Frye
Gortat
I kind of like that, but could we maybe trade frye though? unless not trading him now means we go lottery next year...

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
I'd gladly trade Frye.

The trade is a good trade for phoenix... the only thing that is disappointing is that it is the Lakers. We have more picks to snag some depth players (yeah right.. we are going to sell these picks like hotcakes.. or send them to Nola for Gordon). For the Lakers they get a nicer product on the floor. They still get bumped by OKC, but they can look better doing it. It doesn't really change anything in the WC IMO.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
How many jokes have I made over the years about Steve coming to the Lakers? So happy it came into fruition.

Hopefully y'all aren't too bitter, there's always room in the Lakers forum for any Nash fans.
No Nash fans here. We like him as much as Cleveland likes Lebron.

PS. I hate you Lakers fans. You don't know what it is to be in a rebuilding. You don't know what its like to see franchise players leave to a team that you despise. You don't even know what it's like to not have a franchise player.

·
Self-Proclaimed Expert
4,841 Posts
I'm still a Nash fan but... very disappointed. I'd have been okay with him going to literally any other team in the NBA, but... the Lakers? He doesn't even make a ton of sense next to Kobe. Obviously he's a huge upgrade over Sessions, but I don't think he'll be able to do Nash things in LA like he'd be able to elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Definitely hate to see Nash go to the lakers but we were kind of handcuffed by Nash. We either lose him for nothing it we work it out and get a return. The picks will be packaged for something else I'm sure. And the trade exception could be handy at the deadline but I doubt it. Would of much rather landed shumpert. Now Gordon needs to find a way to force his way out of Noh. Oh and I'm not sold at all on beasley

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
He looks like a little kid. That jersey makes it look like he weighs 100 lbs

On a side note how god damn tall is Mitch kupchack?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts