Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am worried about this kid. Either he has a low pain tolerance or is just accident prone. Neither makes me happy.

Jefferson could miss rest of season

Al Jefferson watched the end of Celtics’ practice today with his right foot and ankle soaking in a bucket of ice. He had hoped to return to team workouts today, but a sprained right ankle continues to sideline the second-year power forward. It is uncertain when Jefferson will return to the lineup. In comments after practice, coach Doc Rivers raised the possibility of Jefferson missing the rest of the season due to the injury. Understandably disappointed about his current status, Jefferson did not speak to reporters after practice.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Sweet.:|

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Thanks, I do what I can.

Reactions: AMΣRICAN GOD™

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Oh geez, Big Al played a major roll this season. We'd be worse by like one game if we didn't have him. :rolleyes:

It's not like he was doing any good and the season was over with or without Al.

The only reason why I'll miss him is becuase of the future for the Boston Celtics, and his injuries are really starting to bother me.

Take up your damn ankles and learn how to rebound correctly.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Oh geez, Big Al played a major roll this season. We'd be worse by like one game if we didn't have him.
I'm not upset he's out because we're significantly worse off without him, I'm upset because this guy needs to remove his head from his anal cavity, get his **** together, and start playing like he actually gives a damn, and do it all in 10 games.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P-Dub34 said:
I'm not upset he's out because we're significantly worse off without him, I'm upset because this guy needs to remove his head from his anal cavity, get his **** together, and start playing like he actually gives a damn, and do it all in 10 games.
Agreed. At this point it's not about W's and L's really anyway. What scares me is that AJ might be a *****. Did anyone see the movie "Through the Fire" on ESPN. It was a documentary on Sebastian Telfair's high school years. Pretty good. Anyway at one point Telfair is on the bus going to the McDonalds All American game with the other HS All Americans including Al Jefferson. Sebastian is giving guys a hard time who are from the South and calling them "Country" (as in you are not from New York - you are Country). So he says to Big Al "You Country too man". And Al with the weakest comeback in history says "well I got some people's in New Jersey" or something like that and it was like. Very weak.

Anyway - sort of OT but I recently saw the movie and that scene re-inforced that AJ needs to toughen up or he's going to have a short NBA career.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Well, Jefferson is country, isn't he?

And was he actually attempting to respond, or just kinda good-naturedly coming back? I don't think what he said was too serious.

I didn't watch the movie because if I wanted to see a documentary on black people I can just stick my head outside my dorm room and hear them blasting lousy music at 1 a.m., shouting, fighting, etc.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
P-Dub34 said:

And was he actually attempting to respond, or just kinda good-naturedly coming back? I don't think what he said was too serious.

I didn't watch the movie because if I wanted to see a documentary on black people I can just stick my head outside my dorm room and hear them blasting lousy music at 1 a.m., shouting, fighting, etc.

:banana:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
P-Dub34 said:
yes.

P-Dub34 said:
He was trying to say he was not really country because he knew people in NJ.

P-Dub34 said:
It's not a documentary on black people. It's a documentary on a basketball player deciding if he should go to college or the NBA and the pressures involved with family etc. He also happens to be black but not sure why that matters. Do you also not watch movies with white people in them because white people live in your dorm?

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
I don't think Jefferson's response elicts any notion that he is a '*****.' Telfair was acting cocky Jefferson replied calmly, I wouldn't negatively label him with that as an example. His injuries primarily reflect his poor conditioning and rehabbing of his ankle.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Premier said:
I don't think Jefferson's response elicts any notion that he is a '*****.' Telfair was acting cocky Jefferson replied calmly, I wouldn't negatively label him with that as an example. His injuries primarily reflect his poor conditioning and rehabbing of his ankle.
I admit it was sort of OT and does not directly show that AJ is a *****. But it was weak response.

But I do fear that not only is he injury prone but has a very low tolerance for pain.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.