Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restricted free agent Eric Gordon, a stellar shooting guard, committed to signing a maximum-level offer sheet with the Suns Tuesday night.

The Suns can sign Gordon to the offer sheet on July 11. New Orleans would then have three days to match the offer and retain him and are expected to do so.

"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible," Gordon said in a prepared statement. "Mr. Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."

A maximum contract was expected to be worth $58 million over four years for Gordon, who is 23.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/07/03/20120703phoenix-suns-commitment-eric-gordon-offer-sheet.html

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
New max isn't as ridiculous when a guy gets a max offer anymore. They better hope he stays healthy.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SpearsNBAYahoo Hornets plan on matching four-year, $58 million offer sheet guard Eric Gordon plans to sign with the Suns, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I'd let him walk. Play 40 games, make 14 million. No thanks.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
At least the Suns are still committed to Mediocrity. I don't understand why they aren't trying harder to keep Nash if they're going to do this.

Of course they may expect the Hornets to match and they're only doing this for PR.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
At least the Suns are still committed to Mediocrity. I don't understand why they aren't trying harder to keep Nash if they're going to do this.

Of course they may expect the Hornets to match and they're only doing this for PR.
I think they're attempting to build a young core and realize they won't be competing anytime soon. If that's the case, Nash does nothing for the team.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Gordon was the centrepiece to their CP3 trade....so I doubt they let him walk, although it does really sound like he wants to be a Sun.

Should be interesting.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
too bad for gordon he doesn't have much of a say in the situation
They can do whatever they want. I know if Roy Hibbert came out saying he wanted Portland and it was the place for him, I'd protest for Indy to not match.

Why try to retain an employee who doesn't want to work for you?

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
They can do whatever they want. I know if Roy Hibbert came out saying he wanted Portland and it was the place for him, I'd protest for Indy to not match.

Restricted free agency is one of the only ways for the less desirable markets to remain competitive. For the life of me i dont know why he would want to go play with Channing Frye rather than play with Davis in the first place.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tough blow but I'm willing to let him walk, he said so himself that he doesn't want to remain in New Orleans. The Hornets won't be stupid enough to sign him regardless of that, I think...

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Restricted free agency is one of the only ways for the less desirable markets to remain competitive. For the life of me i dont know why he would want to go play with Channing Frye rather than play with Davis in the first place.
Does seem like a strange move I agree.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

It's cheaper to retain an employee than it is to find a new one. But I agree with you. Why keep a disgruntled guy, who you know is going to dog it, around your organization? You're better off cutting the relationship right there and saving yourself the time and chaos.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
I think they're attempting to build a young core and realize they won't be competing anytime soon. If that's the case, Nash does nothing for the team.
Yep. Exactly.

I was never that big on Eric Gordon like others but I'll take it - if there's a chance he does come here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts