Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WojYahooNBA Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA Scola has three years and $21 million left on his contract. The Rockets are clearing space in pursuit of a Dwight Howard deal.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Rumor: Rockets to amnesty Scola

@WojYahooNBA: Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Re: Rockets to amnesty Scola

Scola to Miami...

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Crazy...a bold move for Houston in pursuit of Dwight, but what is the endgame? Get Dwight and have a bare cupboard?

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Scola to Miami...
Why would he go to Miami? He can get more money and playing time elsewhere than in a rotation w/ Bosh and Haslem.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

Damn it!

I say Scola to the Mavericks... but I also heard they are going for Brand

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts

Adrian Wojnarowski

The Rockets will soon have the space to absorb Orlando's Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon and Epcot Center..
@WojYahooNBA

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

Who has cap space left? I guess the Bobcats and teams like that should bid on him so they could try to flip him to a playoff team once they are allowed to trade him.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Damn it!

I say Scola to the Mavericks... but I also heard they are going for Brand
Yeah the teams w/ cap get first dibs. Either is a good score but Brand might be better able to guard centers in a pinch, and is a better defender.

I hear Philly needs a power forward, though.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts

Surely they wouldnt do this without the trade likely going down. Scola is one of their better overall players.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if come the start of the season, not a single Houston Rocket was on the team the year prior. They've had that much turnover thus far and the trade would just finish the deal.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

I actually think Scola would be a great fit for OKC. They can trade or let Ibaka walk since they can't sign both him and Harden. Scola gives them offense up front, something neither ibaka nor perkins provides.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Once Houston amnesties Scola, Rockets will be able to absorb 2nd max deal next summer in addition to Howard now. Gives them chance for CP3.
Would that still be true if they took on J-Rich, Hedo, and Eric Duhon, as have been rumored? And why do people assume CP3 is leaving? He's in a good market on a good team. They won a playoff series last year. It's a bad idea for them to bank their future on Dwight and Paul making their way to Houston when Paul will likely stay where he is and Dwight isn't sold on Houston.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts

I actually think Scola would be a great fit for OKC. They can trade or let Ibaka walk since they can't sign both him and Harden. Scola gives them offense up front, something neither ibaka nor perkins provides.
having some offense at the 4 or 5 would help them immensely.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts

Every time someone gets cut or waived everyone hypothesizes about them going to a top team but the system is set up to prevent that...

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts

Every time someone gets cut or waived everyone hypothesizes about them going to a top team but the system is set up to prevent that...
Seriously. No way Scola falls that far.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

I'd bid five million just so that I could trade him after I am allowed to do it. Hell someone is bound to give up something for Scola if you only have to pay him something like that. I don't believe more than a few teams have any cap space right now though. Only thing wrong with Scola is his age and his contract...and his face.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts

Not saying it would be a great fit or anything but the Hornets need to get their ass in gear and make some kind of an offer to one of these big men. Hornets aren't even throwing out a "pretty please". Scola has a nice game.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts