Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has been informed by the team that he will be released on Thursday, according to a source.

McClain, the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft, was held out of practice Wednesday because of an undisclosed team-related issue.

Coach Dennis Allen would give no more information about why he held McClain out. Allen said he did not know if McClain would practice Thursday.

McClain reportedly wrote on his Facebook page he no longer was a Raider, then deleted the post.

McClain has struggled under Oakland's new coaching staff, and has had his playing time sharply reduced in recent weeks. McClain's best year with the Raiders came in 2011, when he registered 99 tackles and five sacks.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8688668/rolando-mcclain-released-oakland-raiders-according-source

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Re: Source: Raiders to release LB Rolando McClain

Come to DC!

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

Im hoping the Jets take a chance. He is only 23 and had a very good season last year

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts

I'm assuming this isn't because they don't believe he's good, but that he's more so not worth the money he's being paid. His contract is pretty inflated because he was drafted before they scaled them down.

Raiders are so terrible on defense, and now they're releasing one of their top 5 defensive players. The fact he's so young only makes this worse. Somebody will pick him up, and he's going to make that team look very smart for years. Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts

I cant think of a successful Saban player in the NFL. Im probably wrong but atm i cant think of 1
Despite how terrible he was for his first couple years, Kareem Jackson has looked quite good this year. Also, Julio Jones, unless you are just crediting Saban with defensive players.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Meh. Get him out of Oakland and then let's see how he plays.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

Despite how terrible he was for his first couple years, Kareem Jackson has looked quite good this year. Also, Julio Jones, unless you are just crediting Saban with defensive players.
Thats terrible Kareem Jackson is the best we can come up with. Does Saban not get players ready for the NFL or what?

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts

Thats terrible Kareem Jackson is the best we can come up with. Does Saban not get players ready for the NFL or what?
Ryan Clark and Bradie James

·
Registered
19,468 Posts

Good riddance to the no-effort, no-coverage, no-pass rush, gun-playing, low-character, low-tackling numbers, immature apathetic quitting team-cancerous scumbag. After he was cut he said the Raiders weren't a real team. How low is that?

He was drafted to be a harder-hitting Ray Lewis type to lead the defense, and now look at that shitty defense. All he really does is **** up smaller guys like Amendola, Sproles, and the guy he pulled a gun on. A real big man, this guy.

He doesn't belong on an NFL team; he belongs in jail.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts

Derrick Mason
Flozell Adams
Julian Peterson

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Jason La Canfora

No mention of Rolando McClain on today's waiver wire. Not released. Not suspended. Not moved from any active roster to any other designation
Jason La Canfora

oh and this was before. Guess they're torn.

Raiders RapidReports ‏@CBSRaiders

Dennis Allen on Rolando McClain: "We've got to make a decision as an organization. We're going to make sure we make the right decision."

·
Registered
19,468 Posts

"You think someone will give up a 7th for this guy, or should we cut him already?"

·
Registered
17,279 Posts

I'd take him in Green Bay. Kid is young and just had a wake up call and will be making the minimum struggling for everything.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts

I cant think of a successful Saban player in the NFL. Im probably wrong but atm i cant think of 1
Yeah, even Les Miles at LSU. There are a few exceptions, of course, but they aren't touching the players Miami or even FSU was sending to the NFL during their runs.

Doesn't hurt them, but just odd to see so few pan out.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts

I'd take him in Green Bay. Kid is young and just had a wake up call and will be making the minimum struggling for everything.
Bullshit. He's a ****ing criminal and a poor player. You can come up with a million excuses for him if you want.

Oh, he's young. Oh, he's playing in the wrong scheme. He's dehydrated. He stubbed his toe. That guy called his momma fat. FOH. Good players don't need excuses. They just perform well.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts

Green Bay has a culture that would help set him straight. Oakland is far from being that kind of team. I don't think he ends up with the Packers because someone closer to the top of the waiver wire will get him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts