Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Sounds like a great pick up. Telling quote about how he wouldn't have gone to URI if Baron was there.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Sounds like a great pick up for the Rams. Also sounds like a kid with his head on straight, and not blinded by the allure of a "power 6" school.

·
Registered
449 Posts
just cause when it rains it pours, URI also got a commitment from Hassan Martin confirmed today for the 2013 season. oh what fun it is to be a ram fan this weekend... football, of course, excluded

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
oh what fun it is to be a ram fan this weekend...
Not just this weekend, all the time! ;)

Congrats to Rhody, that's 2 Rivals150 players in 2 days. EC Matthews is 92 and Hassan Martin is 133. Dan Hurley is serving notice that the Rams will be competing sooner rather than later.

I love seeing that basically every program in this league has programs and coaches that are capable of making a lot of noise. It's going to be a war in this league and the teams that are at the top will absolutely deserve the NCAA bids that they are given.

Everyone is stepping up their game going forward, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Sounds like a great pick up for the Rams. Also sounds like a kid with his head on straight, and not blinded by the allure of a "power 6" school.
That's a bit excessive, but a great pickup for Rhody.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Why is it excessive?
Because your post implied that someone who commits to a power conference school over a non-power conference school doesn't have their head on straight, which if you really meant that, is ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Because your post implied that someone who commits to a power conference school over a non-power conference school doesn't have their head on straight, which if you really meant that, is ridiculous.
That's not what I implied, at all. As noted in the link, he had offers from "bigger" schools, but chose Rhody because he felt it was the right place for him.

My point was that I think that some recruits go for the big name, power conference school, when perhaps a school such as an A-10 school might be better for them. I don't think that concept is rediculous.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
That's not what I implied, at all. As noted in the link, he had offers from "bigger" schools, but chose Rhody because he felt it was the right place for him.

My point was that I think that some recruits go for the big name, power conference school, when perhaps a school such as an A-10 school might be better for them. I don't think that concept is rediculous.
Yup, and this is why you saw 400+ transfers last off season.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Humor? That wasn't humor, it was precisely the kind of off topic whining that starts the back and forth, and clouds up everything on here. I know you're obsessed with the trolls, but try your best to control it.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Humor? That wasn't humor, it was precisely the kind of off topic whining that starts the back and forth, and clouds up everything on here. I know you're obsessed with the trolls, but try your best to control it.
I guess you're right. Wasn't really humorous. I see all the people who started the back and forth from my attempt at humor (which they apparently took as whining), and how it just clouded up everything. I'll try to do better.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts