Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
xu1990, are you now touting the wisdom and sagacity of the NCAA? Wow. (-:

I would note, of course, that the NCAA tournament is national in scope, unlike the, ah, A-10. That said, I saw a lot of empty seats at some of the big tournament sites even thru last weekend. While some were sold out, a few looked one-third empty (or more).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point...not the most wise group ever.

I would think with the Quantity and Quality of potential tournament teams within 100 miles of Cincinnati would make USBA a welcome first and second round site for many teams ( Ohio State, Louisville, Kentucky, X, UC, Indiana...etc.)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
The NCAA will likely do a comprehensive site review before picking their sites and I can't imagine US Barn making the cut. If by chance the NCAA talks to the press that has covered the A10 tourney the last 2 years then the chances will be extremely remote...the press thought it was a bigger joke than we did as they had a 1 hole potty to share and their were something like 150+ press in attendance...my understanding is things got a little crowded at the breaks. But what the heck...it'll make for some more good ESPN highlights featuring the dive bombing pigeons.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Word on the street is that the A-10 approached UD to see if their scorer's table officals would work the A-10 tournament, because they were not happy with how it was run the prior year at the US Barn. UD declined, due in large part to the upcoming NCAA games and schedule conflicts.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
My favorite line from the article:

"The arena is not expected to be in contention to host the Final Four in those years."

Gee, really, I thought it was a shoo in to host the national championships. But maybe after watching the A-10 Championships the committee felt it just wasn't quite big time enough.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,613 Posts
434 said:
My favorite line from the article:

"The arena is not expected to be in contention to host the Final Four in those years."

Gee, really, I thought it was a shoo in to host the national championships. But maybe after watching the A-10 Championships the committee felt it just wasn't quite big time enough.
I think they should host the play in game. We all know that is the most important game in the whole tournament.

Luckily the host school doesn't go by the same mantra as their brothers to the North, "We might not make the NCAA tournament, but we sure know how to host one".

xu95
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
xu95 said:
I think they should host the play in game. We all know that is the most important game in the whole tournament.

Luckily the host school doesn't go by the same mantra as their brothers to the North, "We might not make the NCAA tournament, but we sure know how to host one".

xu95
I know that UD hates that the national exposure has gotten us to the point the (OH) does not have to be put after our name when we're on TV...perhaps that is the national reputation x(OH) is trying to get.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
Doctor Bluff said:
Word on the street is that the A-10 approached UD to see if their scorer's table officals would work the A-10 tournament, because they were not happy with how it was run the prior year at the US Barn. UD declined, due in large part to the upcoming NCAA games and schedule conflicts.
First the urinals, now they're claiming wonderful "scorer's table officials" - will it ever end?

Also, what kind of "streets" are there in Dayton if that is the talk going around?

Get a life.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,613 Posts
UDDJ96 said:
I know that UD hates that the national exposure has gotten us to the point the (OH) does not have to be put after our name when we're on TV...perhaps that is the national reputation x(OH) is trying to get.
Have you owned a TV in the last 20 years? Xavier hasn't had the (OH) since about 91. And your national rep is no where near ours.

It must sting that even in one of our worst seasons in decades we still made the dance while you were selling hot dogs at the concession stand.

xu95
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
xu95 said:
Have you owned a TV in the last 20 years? Xavier hasn't had the (OH) since about 91. And your national rep is no where near ours.

It must sting that even in one of our worst seasons in decades we still made the dance while you were selling hot dogs at the concession stand.

xu95
Not at all...I enjoy watching x lose on national television probably more than Duke.
It's nice that you made the dance, what name were you travelling under in the box score? How many points did you have? Were you the one 'guarding' Morrison? What are 'your' predictions for next season or are you out of eligibility?
You went the same place I did for the dance...a chair in front of a TV.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Ref, this is a thread about how bad the US Bank Arena is. I heard from a credible source that the A-10 didn't trust eggsavier's officials to run the tournament, so they asked if UD's would do so. And you took the time to make fun of my post and Dayton in turn, then told me to get a life. I don't really follow your logic there. I personally think that fact is relevant.

It has nothing to do with success on the court, just how the program is run. I don't think any UD fan would say that they'd rather host the Opening Round rather than participate in the NCAA; that's just foolish. But it is nice that UD literally wrote the book on hosting NCAA games. There's no reason to make fun of people for taking pride in a job well done by their school.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,613 Posts
UDDJ96 said:
Not at all...I enjoy watching x lose on national television probably more than Duke.
It's nice that you made the dance, what name were you travelling under in the box score? How many points did you have? Were you the one 'guarding' Morrison? What are 'your' predictions for next season or are you out of eligibility?
You went the same place I did for the dance...a chair in front of a TV.
You are so nifty to work off of the term "we". I am 100% positive you have never done it.

Don't worry, at least your team will get to "host" a tournament game again next year.

xu95
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top