Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a hard-fought, well refereed, attacking match! No doubt that the Berlin Wall is an excellant team... they weren't as fast as the US, but their strength and height made all the difference. US players were hanging onto them like crazy, trying to keep or prevent positions, but the Germans are too big and too strong.

The US had more good chances, but either couldn't connect or got stoned by excellant goal-keeping. But in the box, it was all Germany. They got a head on almost every ball....

I think a Brasil-Germany match-up would be most excellant.... but for today, the US played well, they are closing the gap, but the better team won today.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am proud of the US national team, they have a bright future ahead of them and so does their up and coming superstar Donovan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Respect!

to all of your fans supporting the USA team, you got my respect. Germany didn't stand a real chance, but you were failing in the scoring department.

But Mongolmike I don't agree with you that the German team played well. They actually played very poor, like they are doing since the WC 98 in France and like they're doing the whole tournament. They were just plain lucky! They created a few chance when the USA played va banque, but in the "real" game they created like two scoring opportunities. Man, I really enjoyed the USA-squad, but the Germans irritated the hell out of me! They even got a lot of criticism in their own country and the Germans are one of the most patriotic countries in the world! The people in Germany are actually shaming themselves, because of this lousy team with there lousy soccer. They got just a few nice players like Ballack, Schneider and Klose. I hope the Brasilians will kick their asses! But I am afraid that the Germans are getting a real good chance to win it all, like I said in a previous post. I really don't hope so and I don't hope Brasil or Turkey will win it. So the Koreans have to get WC but I really don't see that happen.

Well as long Turkey won't win it, it's fine by me!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Respect!

Originally posted by TheBigEasy
to all of your fans supporting the USA team, you got my respect. Germany didn't stand a real chance, but you were failing in the scoring department.

But Mongolmike I don't agree with you that the German team played well. They actually played very poor, like they are doing since the WC 98 in France and like they're doing the whole tournament. They were just plain lucky! They created a few chance when the USA played va banque, but in the "real" game they created like two scoring opportunities. Man, I really enjoyed the USA-squad, but the Germans irritated the hell out of me! They even got a lot of criticism in their own country and the Germans are one of the most patriotic countries in the world! The people in Germany are actually shaming themselves, because of this lousy team with there lousy soccer. They got just a few nice players like Ballack, Schneider and Klose. I hope the Brasilians will kick their asses! But I am afraid that the Germans are getting a real good chance to win it all, like I said in a previous post. I really don't hope so and I don't hope Brasil or Turkey will win it. So the Koreans have to get WC but I really don't see that happen.

Well as long Turkey won't win it, it's fine by me!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

I agree that the Germans didn't play well.. I think that USA outplayed them and probably deserved to win, but they didn't! so good luck to the germans (brazil is gonna kill em)

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Re: Re: Respect!

Originally posted by hOnDo

I agree that the Germans didn't play well.. I think that USA outplayed them and probably deserved to win, but they didn't! so good luck to the germans (brazil is gonna kill em)
LOL, why did you make a prediction 2 weeks after the game was played?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts