Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Jordan has turned down the offer to play with the team but Jay Williams will be taking Ray Allen's spot on the roster.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IMX</b>!
Michael Jordan has turned down the offer to play with the team but Jay Williams will be taking Ray Allen's spot on the roster.
thats kinda good, jaywill will get some more playing experience and become maybe and all star by the start of the season.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I doubt he'll get that much PT with Baron Davis and Dre' Miller on the roster.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Wrong

MJ was never asked to be on the team. It was a rumor that he may be asked so that if he decides not to play this year he'll be able to go out of pro basketball in the world championships. It was started by a Chicago journalist, but wasn't true.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Has anyone heard whether they are goin' to add another alternate to replace JWill now that he is on the roster?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The other alternate is Nick Collison, F, Kansas University.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Can someone list the roster with the alternates?

JUST who is <b>Nick Collison </b>and should he be an alternate for a world championship? I thought the USA wanted to win.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
JUST who is <b>Nick Collison </b>and should he be an alternate for a world championship? I thought the USA wanted to win.
Collison is the all-american forward at Kansas University.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Can someone list the roster with the alternates?

He's an All-American....But in case you still don't know....
Look for a guy at the end of the bench waiving a towel.
:yes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I saw he was with Kansas, but how tall is he and does he play PF? Can he even think about playing on the same court with Pros?

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I think Collison aint all that good..And yes it is a better thing Jay Williams is on the team it will make him a much better player in the NBA

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw he was with Kansas, but how tall is he and does he play PF? Can he even think about playing on the same court with Pros?

Hes 6'9" 250.

From NBADRAFT.NET

"Strengths: Solid, unbelievably consistent. Very heady player with excellent athleticism. Very good post skills, adept at positioning for rebounds and using a drop step in the post. No white man's disease, he can really get off the ground. Great versatility for a 4. Extremely gifted passer with a super court sense. Understands the game and has a great work ethic. Team player.

Weaknesses: Size and strength is good, but must continue to develop. The NBA is a huge leap in terms of size and strength at the 4 position.

Has bulked up considerably in his time at Kansas. Very skilled post player with excellent offensive skills and agility. Just needs strength and toughness and he'll be one of the top PF prospects in college. Touch is uncanny for a bigman. "

Thank you nbadraft.net for that wonderful info on him. Too bad these mods will delete this within 5 minutes, since i quoted it exactly from the source................I did give them credit for it, but this will be deleted in

Im sorry Shadows.........no editing my posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
THANKS for the info and this kid does sound like a solid pro preospect! I liked what I read about him.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Nick is not an All American

He may be, but he's not this year. Being a preseason All American doesn't make him an All American. He's a solid player, but not a great one. He's not a great shooter, but he does have a good post game. He looked good last year because of Drew Gooden, but this year teams will be double teaming him every time he gets the ball, and I don't think he'll handle it too well. Is he a good college player? Yes. Will he be a solid pro? Yes. Does he belong on the USA team, in any way, shape, or form? No. There are better pro players who should be asked before him. I don't understand why he's an alternate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts