Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UT-El Paso's Filiberto Rivera has been invited to be part of the NABC All-Star Game that plays against the Harlem Globetrotters on April 1 in St. Louis. The game is a prelude to the Final Four games.

He will be the first Puerto Rican-born player to be invited to this game. It puts together the 12 best seniors in a showcase before professional scouts. From here, they start getting calls for various professional tryouts.

To many Puerto Ricans, it's a hint that Rivera is a leg up over J.J. Barea in the professional sweepstakes.

:banana:

·
Registered
80 Posts
from what I've seen of Rivera, and its only been part of 3 games over the past 2 years, he is such a difference maker. His ability to drive and dish is something really special. I never saw him light it up from DT, but then again I never saw JJB do that either. Personally I would much rather have Rivera than Barea, especially due to all the antics Barea loves to pull.

any idea of who the rest of the NABC all-stars are?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shucks, the news release doesn't mention the other players. But I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Coppenrath is in, since he was already named District I All-NABC Player.

Don't you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts