Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,383 Posts
Softer than Davis? That’s pretty hard to do, so I’m somewhat impressed.

I understand if Giddens didn’t start with the intensity and focus Becker wanted and you want to use as a teaching moment, but at least with Giddens you have someone that can grab a rebound, block a shot, or clean up a missed shot. Once I see Davis do any one of those things, I’ll say sure throw him in over Giddens. Don’t get me started on watching bigs drive past him with ease anytime he’s drawn out of the paint in space either.
Giddens played 13 minutes and grabbed.....1 rebound. That and 1 turnover were his only contributions to the box score last night. I don't know why none of the bigs seemed ready to play last night, but it needs to never happen again.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,383 Posts
Glad to read that Robin Duncan has been trying to address his FT woes. From the BFP article on the game:

Also very happy that Robin Duncan is working to become less of a black hole on offense: He still doesn't seem able to shoot long-distance for beans, but if he can drive and penetrate and score (or facilitate) that way, I'm all for it.
He seems to be doing a better job of picking his spots and being aggressive out there. I like what I'm seeing. I especially like seeing him make his FT's. That in itself will double his point totals in most games.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just want to say - got to give Becker a ton of credit. The last two inbound plays were very tough. He designed perfect plays for each to put this thing to bed. Sure Deloney put this to bed, but to use Lamb as a decoy to throw to your fastest player heading the other way is brilliant. He missed his FT, sure. But, Becker put him in the position to ice the game. Then, he did the same thing with Steph and Steph put it away.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Giddens played 13 minutes and grabbed.....1 rebound. That and 1 turnover were his only contributions to the box score last night. I don't know why none of the bigs seemed ready to play last night, but it needs to never happen again.
I think with Becker he reads players really well and saw that Giddeoms didnt have it last night and Dartmouth was not particularly play big. I have noticed he plays better against guys more his size and not the 6-‘7 to 6’8 bigs

81 - 85 of 85 Posts