Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I hope they’re down there already. Would think they traveled out well ahead of this mess.

If we can get this one, we are in solid shape with 4 of the final 6 at home. Should be a competitive game, and would assume Hartford will play with some urgency coming off the loss.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I am just hopeful that Mitchell & Stafl are able to go tomorrow. If not it might not be too fun on the Hartford side.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Hartford will bring their "A" game. They're going to be desperate for a win after the disappointing showing against UMBC. Vermont will need to bring the energy and intensity for this one. They can't afford any missteps. Should be a fantastic game.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Jon Rothstein
Vermont's Daniel Giddens (foot) is not expected to play today against Hartford, per John Becker.

·
Premium Member
33,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Powell active has been a huge boost. Miss Giddens but should still be fine while Giddens & Demuth heal up.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Giddens had maybe his best game of the year against Hartford. His loss will be felt today, especially if Stafl is active for Hartford. The Cats are going to need a top shelf performance from Ryan Davis.

·
Premium Member
33,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UVM scored 74pts in first meeting and Lamb only took 5 shots. That means a number of UVM players were roasting Hawks defenders. If Hartford brings it defensively this game it could be a different story, otherwise won’t really matter who we have out.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Uvm by 17...Hartford by the numbers is a bad offensive team. Uvm best defensive team by miles. Read between the lines.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bump

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Vermont leaving a lot of points out there with missed layups and FT's. Hartford comes out stroking it.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Pretty much the disaster I expected. 17 pt margin the first time around was misleading. That game was close right up until the last 5 minutes or so. This Hartford team is much better than most of the people on this board have given them credit for.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
No real energy from the Cats.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
There is a difference between calm and flat. Vermont was the latter. Thankfully Smith seems willing to carry the team.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Just keep it close this half until you can get Lamb back.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts