Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Both teams did everything in their power to give the game away. Just turned out Carter left too much time on the clock when he scored.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
This was a big win for uvm on the road stealing one. Have a clear runway now to regular season title. For Hartford the loss drops them into a 3 way tie for 2nd place with Albany and sbu in the loss column not taking into account tie breakers.

Big one next week between Albany and Hartford in Hartford.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
671 Posts
Catamounts stole one tonight. Big win for the standings, anyone can win on any given night in this league.
Not sure if “stole” is the right word. They almost completely collapsed and gave Hartford a win...

Hartford played well and they will be tough in the tournament but if you have a multiple possession lead with under 2 minutes to go you should win that game.

Just when we think Lamb is turning a corner he has a couple down games again. Good thing Smith (1st half) and Davis showed up.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Only caught the second half. Thought both teams played well. Lucky to get out of there with a win. Not running our offense late with a lead is still an issue. Davis is coming on strong; don’t see a lot of minutes for Giddens when he gets back.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Anthony just wasn't up for this game, which is a little concerning. Didn't seem engaged. Getting in early foul trouble didn't help either.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Survive and advance. Reminded me of the SBU game in that I thought UVM was in good shape up multiple possessions late and then the wheels (temporarily) came flying off. Credit to Hartford, probably would have been easy to fold it in down 10 or so midway through the 2nd half, but they kept coming. Other UVM bright side (besides escaping with the W) looks like Everett Duncan might be regaining his 3pt shot, went 4-7 today according to the UVM twitter feed.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Only caught the second half. Thought both teams played well. Lucky to get out of there with a win. Not running our offense late with a lead is still an issue. Davis is coming on strong; don’t see a lot of minutes for Giddens when he gets back.
Davis already sees more minutes than Giddens. Giddens will have the same role he had before the injury. His loss was noticeable tonight. The interior was wide open much of the game with Anthony on the bench in foul trouble. Now with Powell active and getting into his role it gives us a strong 4 man rotation up front. Personally I like Ryan coming off the bench giving us some scoring punch to that unit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
We definitely got away with one here. I thought Hartford played with more grit than we did down the stretch, but some of that is us sitting on the ball with a small lead. Just run your offense. And Lamb has to be careful about putting the ball on the deck with 3 guys draped on him. Two turnovers late because of over dribbling. That’s what the other four guys are there for.

Really happy for Davis though. It’s all mental with him, and he seems to be turning a corner in that regard. I figured this for a tough game, and am glad to get out with any kind of win. Take care of business at home now.

·
Premium Member
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Great win. Excellent play call/execution on the game winner. Guess that makes up
For the previous poor execution. Need much better ball control and just get the ball to Lamb.

Hartford player with a lot more fight/intensity this time around. Always satisfying to take a team’s best shot and still win, especially in their place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So this one and the UNCG loss balance out, except that this one is in conference. I’ll take it. Ryan is a huge difference maker. He was tonight and he’ll be a major factor next year.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Powell plays really gritty defense. He is not (yet?) the scorer I thought he'd be, but he does a lot of little things well and avoids the careless turnovers of last year

Much of the time with Lamb on the bench in 1st half was next year's team: Davis, Powell, Robin/Shungu, Patella and Smith.

·
Premium Member
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
How the F do we keep fouling 3 pt shooters....you literally practice this shit all the time.
Unfortunately, just because a 3pt shooter “falls down” doesn’t mean he was actually fouled, let alone touched. The last one they called was especially egregious.

·
Premium Member
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So this one and the UNCG loss balance out, except that this one is in conference. I’ll take it. Ryan is a huge difference maker. He was tonight and he’ll be a major factor next year.
Not sure I see the similarities between tonight and the UNCG loss, especially when UNCG a much stronger team.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Unfortunately, just because a 3pt shooter “falls down” doesn’t mean he was actually fouled, let alone touched. The last one they called was especially egregious.
They are taught to angle off when they contest so their momentum doesn't take them into the shooter. You avoid fouling that way. Neither did that.

·
Premium Member
33,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
We could not stay in front of Carter, that guy has an explosive first step.
It’s an even more explosive first step when you don’t need to dribble. Carter totally traveled on that last jump shot lol.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts