Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Great, we've got 2 votes! I'll be happy to see Chaifetz Arena. Do they have any not-to-be-missed food items?
The Nachos are awesome (several meat combinations) and the Toasted Ravioli is bad-ass. The reason fans like coming to SLU is that we sell beer at an on-campus arena.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The Nachos are awesome (several meat combinations) and the Toasted Ravioli is bad-ass. The reason fans like coming to SLU is that we sell beer at an on-campus arena.
Whoa! Beer? Why was I not told this before? Beer and toasted ravioli and basketball - so fine.

I apologize for using STL instead of SLU. For us SLU means St. Lawrence Univ., a loooong time hockey rival who we still play twice every season even though we're now in different leagues.

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Whoa! Beer? Why was I not told this before? Beer and toasted ravioli and basketball - so fine.

I apologize for using STL instead of SLU. For us SLU means St. Lawrence Univ., a loooong time hockey rival who we still play twice every season even though we're now in different leagues.
Either is OK. The only one that bugs Billiken fans is St. Louis University (they rebranded the athletic department in the 80s when we very nearly went D2).

I thought the beer thing was standard, but when I talked about it on the A-10 board, there were several schools that didn't serve alcohol at the arena. Of course, AB still is a key sponsor of Billiken athletics, so we give them another market for their goods.

I think beer sales are way up this year per capita.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'd be all for that. Extra points to Vermont from not being in the Missouri Valley Conference. Extra extra points if John Becker doesn't mention how good a fit SLU would be in the Valley. :) I think it would be a good game for a few years (better than the dumpster fire of a schedule we have going now). It would give you guys a game with an A-10 opponent, and us a game against someone we actually know is a D1 team. Everybody wins.

You guys
HTML:
will get to see a nice arena
. Chaifetz is beautiful.
and if SLU comes here, they get to play in our " gym". Given the number of players we have now and also incoming next year from Indiana it will be like playing in the movie " Hoosiers"

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Either is OK. The only one that bugs Billiken fans is St. Louis University (they rebranded the athletic department in the 80s when we very nearly went D2).
Screw the Billikens and the town St. Louie. And that little "Point SLU" Volleyball fan-boy too! :) (When SLU volleyball was good. Ouch!)

Love from your old friend in Dayton. :)

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Per Alex Abrami, No Hector Harold or Brendan Kilpatrick for today's game vs the Billikens. Harold made the trip, but won't dress. Kilpatrick did not make the trip.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not to jump the gun but that's concussion #2 for Kilpatrick... one more and he may be done not only for the season but for career. I'm hoping he just stays healthy and recovers. He has a few weeks to get there.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not to jump the gun but that's concussion #2 for Kilpatrick... one more and he may be done not only for the season but for career.That last collision vs. Yale was rough. He was helped off the court near my seat and he was pretty dazed.I'm hoping he just stays healthy and recovers. He has a few weeks to get there.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Per Alex Abrami, No Hector Harold or Brendan Kilpatrick for today's game vs the Billikens. Harold made the trip, but won't dress. Kilpatrick did not make the trip.
Ugh. Pretty brutal we're entering the toughest stretch of OOC play without our leading scorer. Hopefully he can play in CA games.

Reactions: Alumni96

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I hope BK does not risk his health if there is any reasonable chance of long term effects due to another concussion. He certainly would be missed and the the team would be worse without him, but in this case doing what is best for his own health is the right thing.

This is about sports, not combat. Wanting to live a long and healthy life and acting accordingly is not being selfish.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Yeah the injury the other night was very concerning. It didn't look like that bad of a collision, but it was scary how much he was struggling to get off the court. It makes me wonder if maybe their have been a few undiagnosed concussions previously. I've seen guys take elbows to the face that didn't struggle that badly afterwards. It's unfortunate that he has already redshirted, because I'm not sure I want to see him back out on the court after seeing him go down against Yale. It's just not worth the risk to his health.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
The Yale collision looked pretty bad on video- so maybe it happened very quickly in person. Really hope BK is ok, he's been snake bitten by injuries for a long time now.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The Yale collision looked pretty bad on video- so maybe it happened very quickly in person. Really hope BK is ok, he's been snake bitten by injuries for a long time now.
It happened on the Tom Brennan end of the court :))) -- Brennan jumped up out of his chair and was shouting to the referee that the Yale player had stomped right on BK's face. (I was very surprised as I don't recall Brennan ever getting involved in any way like that before. But I can't imagine it was deliberate on the part of the Yale guy.)

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just saw I do get the Vermont/Saint Louis game on Comcast here in Boston. Pretty awesome.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts