Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,636 Posts
This 4 days between games stuff is driving me nuts, as if the 2020 recruiting thread isn't evidence enough.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Robert Lee and Julianne Viani will be the announcers on ESPNU. Gotta be considerably better than whoever is on the ESPN+ feed from Stony Brook.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you're struggling now, just wait til they go Saturday to Saturday between the 22nd and 29th (although not a bad week time to have the bye week).
Hey - Central Connecticut just won back-to-back games! Maybe they'll turn the corner enough that the AE will bring them aboard. If there were ten teams in the conference, there'd be no need for bye weeks.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,636 Posts
If you're struggling now, just wait til they go Saturday to Saturday between the 22nd and 29th (although not a bad week time to have the bye week).
I watch all of the conferences games on demand. I've been rationing out 1 game a night over this stretch. That won't cover the entire week, so I'll have to supplement with some other mid majors or maybe some A-10 for the bye week.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not sure SBU goes wire to wire with the lead this time, but the outcome should be the same regardless.
Could be. But there would still be a good chance that UVM and SBU would meet in the AE championship game. If I was an SBU fan, the prospect of having to beat the Cats for a third time in three tries could be pretty unnerving. Might be a case of being careful what you ask for.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I watch all of the conferences games on demand. I've been rationing out 1 game a night over this stretch. That won't cover the entire week, so I'll have to supplement with some other mid majors or maybe some A-10 for the bye week.
Living in Colorado, I have been following Northern Colorado and the Big Sky Conference pretty closely this year. All games are free on Pluto TV. Been a fun season on that front, and fills some of the gaps between the AE games. Comparable talent between the leagues as well. Might help with your AE withdrawal symptoms.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,636 Posts
Would have to be combined with an UA loss to clinch. SBU pretty much has to win or be eliminated.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Two things I took away from the last game that felt like outliers, but really hurt us...

1) The big one is obviously SBU shot 13-27 from 3-point range. At the time I was told how great a 3-point shooting team they were. But now that we have more date, that's almost 14% better than their current season average, with slightly more than an average number of attempts.

2) The little one was they got 11 super-productive minutes off the bench from Anthony Ochefu. In fact, he was their best big that night pound-for-pound. 7 points and a steal on 3-3 shooting. That's the best game he's had against a D-1 team all season.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Also, is there any change to Olaniyi's status?
Well, if you believe the student reporter that broke the story, their coach seems to think that he will not be 100% for a long time. Others have pointed out that high ankle sprains can result in a significant loss of time. Honestly, I hope that he does play and is healthy. UVM is playing pretty well right now. I'd like to see a match up of two of the top three teams in the conference to see where we are in terms of preparation for a championship run.

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
123 Posts
I’ll wait for official word for the team before I trust a “student reporter” who could be anyone

1 - 20 of 94 Posts