Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
oh how the mightly have fallen.

(not meaning to sound like a *****, it's just... well you guys won a friggin NCAA game last year)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
black0ut said:
oh how the mightly have fallen.

(not meaning to sound like a *****, it's just... well you guys won a friggin NCAA game last year)
You did exactly what you didn't mean to do.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
icemchine9 said:
Harvard isn't a bad team...picked 2nd in the Ivy. We are tied at 50 now.
I was at the game, both teams were F-ing awful! Terrible game. From what I saw Vermont has NO ONE who can create their own shot. They just bombed away from Downtown, no inside game at all. Harvard is a bad, unathletic team. I was talking to a bunch of BU players who were at the game, and to quote one "If Vermont loses this game, to this team, its an embarrasment for our conference." BU and Albany should Blow out Harvard when they play them. Vermont didn't play good defense, didn't shoot well, was out of control on offense, and just chucked up shots throughout the game. Bad game, and even though Harvard is picked second in the Ivy, they are no where close to being a good team... The quote was dead on by blackout, they have fallen a long, LONG ways...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
ginzo said:
I was at the game, both teams were F-ing awful! Terrible game. From what I saw Vermont has NO ONE who can create their own shot. They just bombed away from Downtown, no inside game at all. Harvard is a bad, unathletic team. I was talking to a bunch of BU players who were at the game, and to quote one "If Vermont loses this game, to this team, its an embarrasment for our conference." BU and Albany should Blow out Harvard when they play them. Vermont didn't play good defense, didn't shoot well, was out of control on offense, and just chucked up shots throughout the game. Bad game, and even though Harvard is picked second in the Ivy, they are no where close to being a good team... The quote was dead on by NU Hoop Fan, they have fallen a long, LONG ways...

I don't know
Easy guys, this wasn't all that unexpected, UVM is playing a bunch of freshman. I'm actually pretty glad we hung in there with them at home, we were up 1 with 2 to play and Harvard hit some key shots the last few minutes. Keep in mind, UVM lost an early season game two years ago at Harvard, with Coppenrath and Sorrentine. It will be rough going up until conference play, keep the faith. Bad game, I am dissapointed that Klimes had a tough game, I was hoping he would step it up. Harvard has a tough frontcourt that sounds like they shut him down.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
hoopcat said:
Easy guys, this wasn't all that unexpected, UVM is playing a bunch of freshman. I'm actually pretty glad we hung in there with them at home, we were up 1 with 2 to play and Harvard hit some key shots the last few minutes. Keep in mind, UVM lost an early season game two years ago at Harvard, with Coppenrath and Sorrentine. It will be rough going up until conference play, keep the faith. Bad game, I am dissapointed that Klimes had a tough game, I was hoping he would step it up. Harvard has a tough frontcourt that sounds like they shut him down.
Vermont lost without Coppenrath: He was sick, and did not play, which I know for a fact. I also believe it was the year that Sorrentine Red-shirted, so he did not play either... Harvard was terrible, vermont played even worse, ugly ugly ugly game. Klimes looked terrible, threw up a ton of just ugly forced shots, looked clueless on offense.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
ginzo said:
I was talking to a bunch of BU players who were at the game, and to quote one "If Vermont loses this game, to this team, its an embarrasment for our conference."
Can we all remind the BU players of this comment next time that they lose to a team that they shouldn't lose to? Man, I hate that type of attitude from ANYONE in our league......do they think that this is the Big East? Maybe it IS time for BU to move to the A-10 since they seem so superior. Maybe someone should remind them that only 8 short months ago the following occured.....

Vermont 60 Syracuse 57 (NCAA Tourney)
Georgetown 64 Boston U 34 (NIT)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts