Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little idle speculation to divert from the loneliness of social isolation

First, rank the four Reg Season champs (2017-2020), best to worse...

Second, who would be your starting five from this group and first three off the bench?

Thanks for playing

Me.
1. 2017, 2019, 2020, 2018

2. Starting Five
Lamb, TBH, Henson, Ernie, Stef

Bench: Steidl (or Ev?), DrewU (or Davis?) and Shungu

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
WCAX had an interview with Lamb last night and sounds like he’s moving forward with preparing for the NBA Draft/professionally/ working out. Didn’t sound like there was much going on due to cancelations, obvious reasons. Gutted for him.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Off-topic, but like ProfDavid, I'm reliving hoops to battle social isolation. A couple of things I found interesting from the season's final stats. The team leader in FT% was Ryan Davis - at 83% he actually edged out Everett. I've got major respect for a post player who puts in the effort to be an excellent FT shooter. And Giddens wound up being the only player (other than Josh) who didn't attempt a 3-point shot all year. Garrison tried one and Adiang had three - all vs. Gallaudet.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Anthony Lamb participated in the NBA G League Elite Combine and was one of the Top 3pt & FT shooters per Jonathan Givony's Twitter.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anthony Lamb participated in the NBA G League Elite Combine and was one of the Top 3pt & FT shooters per Jonathan Givony's Twitter.
Surprising given his abysmal (sub 30% iirc) 3pt shooting last year. Perhaps I underestimated the effect of being defended so doggedly all year long.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,791 Posts
Surprising given his abysmal (sub 30% iirc) 3pt shooting last year. Perhaps I underestimated the effect of being defended so doggedly all year long.
He forced up a lot of bad 3 pt shots last year. That certainly lowered his percentage. He's clearly been working on it since he graduated.

Reactions: jtmac

·
Registered
494 Posts
He forced up a lot of bad 3 pt shots last year. That certainly lowered his percentage. He's clearly been working on it since he graduated.
That coupled with him being the focus of every defense we faced. If he were the 4th offensive weapon on the team, he would have been likely shooting 36% from three at least. Plus, if I had to bet on any college NBA aspirant using the extra time before the draft to the maximum, I'd bet on Lamb putting in the time.

I don't doubt he will end up on an nba team. Maybe not this season, but in the next 3. He will find a way to carve out a role for himself.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm not a fan of starting too many threads, so I'll put this here, I guess...

Anthony Lamb ready for NBA after league’s virtual evaluation -- interview with video

Also, this list has Lamb at 14 of 25 in their draft rankings for the high- and mid-major conference draft rankings.
This column will highlight the College Sports Journal’s Top 25 prospects of the NBA Draft that came from what we at CSJ call the High and Mid Major college basketball conferences.

The High-Major conferences include American Athletic Conference, Atlantic-10, Conference USA, Mountain West, West Coast, and Missouri Valley conferences.

The Mid-Major conferences include America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, and Western Athletic conferences.

This list does not include the Power Six conferences of the Atlantic Coast, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, Pac-12, or the Southeastern Conferences. Nor does this list show any players that solely played in other countries.
Draft is tonight but it would be a nice surprise if Anthony's name were called. I'm not expecting it, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Unlikely Lamb gets drafted IMO
Agreed, although I do think he has the best shot of any UVM player to find a way on to an NBA roster since probably Kevin Roberson- because of his ability to shoot from perimeter and defend. COVID really not doing him (or anyone like him in similar position) any favors (e.g. No 2020 NCAA Tournament, no Portsmouth Invitational, no Chicago pre-draft combine, not going to be a typical Summer League, no typical training camp) so odds are even greater but seems like someone that will put in the work necessary to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
ESPN has Lamb #75 best available player available. Let’s goooo!!!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Hope he lands somewhere. Would love to see him get a chance at the NBA. Was hoping to read he signed as an undrafted FA last night as many were scooped up. If it's any consolation, Markus Howard of Marquette, who was a very good/great college player, went undrafted.

Reactions: UVM Hoop Cat

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hope he lands somewhere. Would love to see him get a chance at the NBA. Was hoping to read he signed as an undrafted FA last night as many were scooped up. If it's any consolation, Markus Howard of Marquette, who was a very good/great college player, went undrafted.
The college all-star teams you could make with undrafted guys every year would be incredible. Getting drafted is just that difficult. Especially when you account for the requisite number of "euro stash" guys in the 2nd Round (though only a handful this year). I'm curious if, when things are back to looking more "normal" and if the G-League continues to rise, the NBA would consider re-expanding the draft, perhaps adding a 3rd round.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts