Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1121 - 1121 of 1121 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I am sure there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that needs to be done before we actually see digging and the frame for the new building.

They have given themselves 2+ years to finish this for the 2021-22 season, so it’s not like they need to work in breakneck speed. I’m sure it will be done by then. That said, around this time last year, they were saying this could be done by the 2020-21 season, which seemed overly optimistic, and in my opinion a ploy on their part to drum up excitement. As soon as construction began, they pushed it out a year. I’ve also heard they have scaled back some of the improvements to the Gut, specifically in regards to the concourse and seating on the south side of the rink. Wonder if anyone can confirm this?
If they're scaling back the concourse on the south side that is the stupidest thing you could do. That's the single most needed structural improvement they need to made Gutterson more user friendly and remotely modern. If they don't have the concourse there, how the hell is any media member supposed to get in and out of the press box that they're placing there and replacing seats? They going to climb over the ledge? There's no point to the renovation if they're not doing that part. But, should anyone be surprised much anymore? All smoke and mirrors with this project anyway.

It also gives them another excuse for the men's hockey team to blow chunks and keep Sneddon employed for another 20 years so he can set the all-time losses record in college hockey history (he's already in the top 20 in total losses and worst winning percentage all time). FYI, the all-time loss leader is Jerry York. Only thing is he's got 1,000+ wins and five national titles.

1121 - 1121 of 1121 Posts