Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to think about this one. Niagara has 6'3" guard Antoine Mason eligible this season to combine with Juan'Ya Green. Both are averaging 18 and 15 a game. Mason was not playing last year. Mason's dad is Anthony Mason from Knicks and his brother played at St. John's.

That said, Niagara does not appear to have a lot of size, but they have no shortage of talented guards.

No idea how we fare in this one. If we don't continuously give the ball back to them, I think we'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The guy that killed us was a big named Devon White. I think he is a transfer
who recently became eligible. Aside from his rebounding and. Blocked shots the
Niagra team shot 50% from 3.

Get some revenge for Hartford today.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Niagra has played some good teams and those scores have all been close. UVM will have to control the tempo and not turn it over to be in this one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
UVM will need to get the scoring touch back today to get a win. A 53 or 52 point total (like QPac and Dartmouth) will result in an L. Those games were hard to watch. Need to score at least 70.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
ugh, $6.95 for a poor-quality video feed. Didn't want to risk one of the "free" feeds today, with what I could find. Hope the Cats will make it worth my while!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
17-12 Niagara. I think UVM may have more points than turnovers, but not sure. Cats at least in double figures now for TOs.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Niagra very good at forcing the turnover. UVM already has 7 to's 9 minutes in.
Did you get the feed? Niagara "forcing" these turnovers would be very generous.

Voelkel just loss the ball out of bounds dribbling, Voelkel tried to whip a pass into O'Day at a million miles per hour, Kilpatrick lost the ball dribbling....just real sloppy play.

On the other hand, Niagara is making no more than 1 pass each offensive possession and jacking up a shot from anywhere on the court. That's the only reason this is close.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Niagar played just air-balled a 3 by a mile. Rusin tries to take it hard to the hole and gets fouled.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue can't help us out at the line. Then he fouls a Niagara player shooting a 3.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
19-18 Niagara at the half.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Utterly unispired play by the Cats. And yet they are only down one.
Agreed. I would expect a larger deficit the way we are playing, so hopefully the Cats can capitalize on this opportunity.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts