Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Seawolf Nation
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are games before and after they play each other. But we can all agree this will be the most highly anticipated game of the remainder of the season. As we have seen over the years many different things can happen...upsets, injuries, suspensions. The date is already circled on my Seawolf Roaring calendar, so lets get the chatter started already.

(No derogatory words, personal attacks, or inappropriate gestures please)

SBU +5

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
There are games before and after they play each other. But we can all agree this will be the most highly anticipated game of the remainder of the season. As we have seen over the years many different things can happen...upsets, injuries, suspensions. The date is already circled on my Seawolf Roaring calendar, so lets get the chatter started already.

(No derogatory words, personal attacks, or inappropriate gestures please)

SBU +5
Starting this thread 2+ weeks before the game actually happens seems a bit ridiculous to me. If both teams when out until then, sure it'll be the most highly anticipated game remaining in the regular season. However, both teams have 3 conference games each before then. Call me after those games happen to crank up the hype machine.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I was waiting for somebody to make it. I didn't want it to be me. Thanks Seawolf Roar. This is the only game that matters in the AE until the tourney comes around...

·
Registered
928 Posts
I was waiting for somebody to make it. I didn't want it to be me. Thanks Seawolf Roar. This is the only game that matters in the AE until the tourney comes around...
It's that kind of entitled thinking that creates trap games. You better hope your Seawolves don't overlook anyone and drop a game before the 15th.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It's that kind of entitled thinking that creates trap games. You better hope your Seawolves don't overlook anyone and drop a game before the 15th.
I'm a fan. I can say such things. This is a hot game even if the Cats/Wolves don't occupy the top positions.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i do agree this is premature but that being said even if SBU loses one it will still be highly anticipated. Stony brook still has a one game advantage on the cats and can afford a loss.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Talk about a jinx. The only game that matters right now is New Hampshire. I hope the players aren't thinking like roar. If SBU does not play well in NH they could easily lose.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Talk about a jinx. The only game that matters right now is New Hampshire. I hope the players aren't thinking like roar. If SBU does not play well in NH they could easily lose.
you think players have time to read all the bs that comes up here? doubt it... so then why should that matter? This is a fans messageboard... We can anticipate a future game, they can't. we can overlook three games if we like, they cant...

·
Registered
928 Posts
you think players have time to read all the bs that comes up here? doubt it... so then why should that matter? This is a fans messageboard... We can anticipate a future game, they can't. we can overlook three games if we like, they cant...
I absolutely think the players have time to read this board. I think its naive of you to think that they don't. Not all of them read it, but a good number of them do. Also, a few them post on here as well.

Good example of this was Mike Lonergan. He was obsessed with message board material. Anyone who knows him personally would tell you that, the stuff that was on the message board would always irk him, he had dummy accounts and mouthpieces backing him up constantly, so yes players (and coaches for that matter) do have "time to read all the bs that comes up here"

·
Registered
840 Posts
Players have all the time in the world to read this site and do read this site.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Although a bit premature perhaps, I still like this thread and endorse it whole heartidly. I have a couple reasons for my approval of this thread.

1. While the SB fans may be a bit over the top on occasion the team is not. Coach Pikiell has the team well grounded. They do not look ahead. They take each and every game as it comes. While they may lose an upcoming game it will not be due to overlooking an opponent or falling into a trap. Coach Pike's team just will not do that.

2. The SB team is AWESOME and will crush you losers anyway! In your faces - stomp the comp and get ready for the 15th. (I think I just invented a new slogan - Stomp the Comp! I may get that copyrighted for t-shirt sales)

Finally - for the Seawolf players who apparently read this --- Tommy, Eric, Carson, Jameel, Anthony, Ron, Ben, Anthony, Scott, Marcus, Lenny, Dave - You guys rock! We looooooovvvvvveeeee you! Give em hell!!!!!!

To Ahmad, Ryan, and Kam - hope you guys are working hard. Can't wait to see you on the court for us next season.

If any of you guys want me to give a critique of your game to make you better please send me a message - Id be habby to do it!

·
Seawolf Nation
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hard to look forward to playing UNH, hartford, and bing. That's why this thread was made. I am looking forward to seeing players like Mayo, King, and McAlister improve each game leading up to uvm game though.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Ive thought on this topic a bit today. I for one enjoy the hell out of the college basketball season and do not want to "wish it away." We have the best player in SB history playing currently and every indication shows that the next best player ever in SB history is our starting center. I look forward to every game and getting a chance to see these players play. I like stats, I like compiling stats. How many rebounds and assists did Tommy have? Were Coley and Jackson hitting from down town? Is Jameel still shooting 60 percent from the field? Can McAlister continue to build off his explosive outing against Maine? Where do SB's players now rank in the AE versus everyone else?

Ive also gotten roped into being interested in the other AE teams and its fun to get reacquainted with them twice a season or more. New Hampshire has struggled, but is today the day that Rhoades, Myrick, and Konan put it all together? Will Sikma be over the flu and hitting his 3's for Hartford? Will Nwakamma stay on the floor and out of foul trouble? Bing is coming to town with Mike Horn and Jorden Reed. How can't you love that?

Yeah - Im looking forward to the Vermont game, but not at the expense of all these other great league games yet to play. The good thing is, as ive mentioned earlier, Coach Pikiell wont let his team look ahead either.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
A lot of people in the NYC area have trouble keeping NH and VT straight in their minds. Any chance Pikiell might get them confused? I mean, they are both cold and bumpy, they both have fewer people than a rush hour train carries, and they are both "The Cats". Just another thing for you guys to worry about, I guess.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I really don't buy that Vermont's not a good matchup for this Stony Brook team. There's no reason Vermont should be putting up 80+ pts on this SBU defense. Obviously they did, but that's certainly not something they should be counting on for the 15th.
I posted this in a different thread, but am moving it here because it seems more appropriate in this thread. I've seen a few SBU fans mention they will crush UVM next time cause it was out of the ordinary that they gave up 81 points the first matchup. This is not a great reason in my book, cause it could be flipped around the other way. UVM gave up 73 points in that game! That is the highest total in all AE games they gave up this year so far, and the second most points next to the 76 they allowed against URI. Look at the points allowed totals so far in the AE below. It goes both ways. In the AE schedule, they are averaging 53 points allowed per game, compared to Stony Brook's 56.5. UVM gave up 20 more points than their AE average, while SBU gave up 24 more.

@UNH - 51
Albany - 45
@BU - 63
UMBC - 53
Binghamton - 37
Stony Brook - 73
@Maine - 71
@Albany - 43
@Hartford - 43

·
Seawolf Nation
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I posted this in a different thread, but am moving it here because it seems more appropriate in this thread. I've seen a few SBU fans mention they will crush UVM next time cause it was out of the ordinary that they gave up 81 points the first matchup. This is not a great reason in my book, cause it could be flipped around the other way. UVM gave up 73 points in that game! That is the highest total in all AE games they gave up this year so far, and the second most points next to the 76 they allowed against URI. Look at the points allowed totals so far in the AE below. It goes both ways. In the AE schedule, they are averaging 53 points allowed per game, compared to Stony Brook's 56.5. UVM gave up 20 more points than their AE average, while SBU gave up 24 more.

@UNH - 51
Albany - 45
@BU - 63
UMBC - 53
Binghamton - 37
Stony Brook - 73
@Maine - 71
@Albany - 43
@Hartford - 43
please validate this statement and show where any SBU fan ever mentioned we would crush uvm...

·
Registered
928 Posts
2. The SB team is AWESOME and will crush you losers anyway! In your faces - stomp the comp and get ready for the 15th. (I think I just invented a new slogan - Stomp the Comp! I may get that copyrighted for t-shirt sales)
Here's one

However, if thats all you took out of that post you missed the point

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
I like the way you guys think. This game is 2 weeks away.

I wouldn't mind watching this one. Even better, no SLU game that day.

Maybe see you guys in March somewhere?

1 - 20 of 314 Posts