Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd beat everyone to the punch and start this thread a few days early. It's normally a d measuring contest between UA and UVM fans on this board, but UVM has clearly been the man the last few seasons. It feels like it's been a decade since Albany has beaten UVM.

Will this be the one? I doubt it if the team is still limping like they are today. I doubt Lulka will play. Hutch, deSousa, and Rizzuto all aren't 100%. I'm hoping for a good game, but something tells me the game will go like this:

UA jumps out to an early lead, and the crowd is loud and involved. UA will be winning by double digits 10 minutes into the first half. They will then go into a funk and go 8 minutes without a field goal allowing UVM back into the game. It will be tied or within a couple at halftime. UVM then dominates the second half and wins by 12.

Hope I'm wrong, but that is this Albany teams MO.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I feel like since the Stonybrook game Catamounts have been really cementing an Identity as a defensive team, It seems like every game I watch there is a long stretch where they keep the other team from scoring for ages (admittedly while struggling to score themselves!!), Albany certainly seems to me like a potential 8+ minutes without a basket candidate.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
One of the differences between last year and this year is an already very good defensive team has gotten even better. UVM currently 6th in Country in Defensive PPG and 14th Defensive efficiency.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thought I'd beat everyone to the punch and start this thread a few days early. It's normally a d measuring contest between UA and UVM fans on this board, but UVM has clearly been the man the last few seasons. It feels like it's been a decade since Albany has beaten UVM.

Will this be the one? I doubt it if the team is still limping like they are today. I doubt Lulka will play. Hutch, deSousa, and Rizzuto all aren't 100%. I'm hoping for a good game, but something tells me the game will go like this:

UA jumps out to an early lead, and the crowd is loud and involved. UA will be winning by double digits 10 minutes into the first half. They will then go into a funk and go 8 minutes without a field goal allowing UVM back into the game. It will be tied or within a couple at halftime. UVM then dominates the second half and wins by 12.

Hope I'm wrong, but that is this Albany teams MO.
That's sort of the Catamounts' MO as well.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
I had my chuckle of the day courtesy of the game preview on UA's website. They referred to the conference as America Easy. That's way better than the American East.

Reactions: c00per

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my chuckle of the day courtesy of the game preview on UA's website. They referred to the conference as America Easy. That's way better than the American East.
The UA marketing team has been amazing at proofreading. I mean they would never include a coupon for a discount on soccer tickets from the 2015 season on 2019 tickets or make typos in letters to donors. Lol.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Game is on ESPN3 rather than ESPN+ tonight....meaning compatible cable subscription is needed for streaming. Any tips on how to watch for cord cutters?

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Giddens went down... Not sure what happened. They are working on his left knee...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Looked like he came down straight legged on his left leg, like no give to the full weight of his body but it was like he expected to go another 6-12 inches before he landed. Hoping for the best...feel bad for the kid....looks to be in quite some pain.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
He came down funny. Looked more like the ankle, but either way I doubt he'll be back tonight.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Clark playing well here, and Healy impressive. Lamb kind of carrying us. Need some other guys to make some shots

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Stef with a heave from beyond half court... 47 to 45 uvm at the half. Whale of a game...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Well, that was fun. I am out of breath. Holy smokes. And it wasnt like either team wasn't playing defense. That was straight up playoff game intense.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts