Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
They are sophomore... De Sousa by your own admission is very talented. What do you have coming back beyond Stef and Davis who's still developing? Please don't say shangu... Good role player but not gonna move any needles. The rest of your roster... Meh..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Shungu, Davis and Powell.

Reactions: VTHOOPS32

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Shungu, Davis and Powell.
Lol..haha.. .anyway...and you kill me about having hope on rizzuto and DeSousa... Uvm has one proven kid coming back... Stef. We'll have all summer to debate this. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out not only in terms of wins losses but development etc.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Getting back to last night. Robin's 3 consecutive ORBs must have been demoralizing. I love that kid's versatility
It was... Brutal having cut it back to 9 and then not be able to secure ball. It sucked...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
lsbal,

From what I have heard Hutch has been struggling with a back injury, sometimes when he comes out of a game or during halftime it acts up and he can no longer go. It has happened a couple of times recently, Clark, Hutch and Malachai are playing banged up.

UA is the walking wounded but you have to play the hand your dealt. Lulka has been out almost the entire season after a freshman year that was promising something like 7ppg/6rpg, JoJo Anderson just had knee surgery it was reported he looked good during UA's Canadian trip this past summer and Sam Shafer has been cleared to return from a Labrum injury but hasn't really been able to shoot a ball for about 2 months so who nows how long it will take him to be ready to actually contribute.

It is what it is!!!! Those that suit up have to cut turnovers, make FTs and play defense.

Take a way a 3/4 court banked 3 before half time and make a couple more FTs and the game might have been a little tighter.

Lamb was at his best, many of his shots were challenged but when he's on he's is very, very good .
All that being said....Albany is winning and gave Vermont a pretty tough game last night (certainly the first half).

It's a funny game.....I watched both the UA/UVM game and the UVM/Maine games. Two COMPLETELY different games. UVM barely came out with a win against Maine....still can't figure out how that game was so close when Maine didn't even have El Darwich. UVM knows how to win......doesn't hurt to have Lamb & Smith on your team.

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
All that being said....Albany is winning and gave Vermont a pretty tough game last night (certainly the first half).

It's a funny game.....I watched both the UA/UVM game and the UVM/Maine games. Two COMPLETELY different games. UVM barely came out with a win against Maine....still can't figure out how that game was so close when Maine didn't even have El Darwich. UVM knows how to win......doesn't hurt to have Lamb & Smith on your team.

The building had an electric playoff atmosphere being the Big Purple Growl Game. It pumped up the UA players and really helped them have the needed energy in the first half. UVM is used to playing against loud hostile crowds, but also had their section pretty full. UVM fans travel well to Albany since it is such and easy drive.

Im betting the atmosphere helped UVM as much as it did UA. Go to maine where there are 350 people in the crowd and it is hard to get the energy up.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Maine doubled Lamb entire game in post and was being pretty physical with him which refs were allowing while rest of team proceeded to have one of its poor shooting games ex-Ryan Davis.

Basically, opposite approach Albany took which was single coverage on Lamb and the rest of UVM team shot very well from the floor. Think teammates were able to feed off Lamb, scoring can be contagious.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Maine doubled Lamb entire game in post and was being pretty physical with him which refs were allowing while rest of team proceeded to have one of its poor shooting games ex-Ryan Davis.

Basically, opposite approach Albany took which was single coverage on Lamb and the rest of UVM team shot very well from the floor. Think teammates were able to feed off Lamb, scoring can be contagious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
lsbal,

From what I have heard Hutch has been struggling with a back injury, sometimes when he comes out of a game or during halftime it acts up and he can no longer go. It has happened a couple of times recently, Clark, Hutch and Malachai are playing banged up.

UA is the walking wounded but you have to play the hand your dealt. Lulka has been out almost the entire season after a freshman year that was promising something like 7ppg/6rpg, JoJo Anderson just had knee surgery it was reported he looked good during UA's Canadian trip this past summer and Sam Shafer has been cleared to return from a Labrum injury but hasn't really been able to shoot a ball for about 2 months so who nows how long it will take him to be ready to actually contribute.

It is what it is!!!! Those that suit up have to cut turnovers, make FTs and play defense.

Take a way a 3/4 court banked 3 before half time and make a couple more FTs and the game might have been a little tighter.

Lamb was at his best, many of his shots were challenged but when he's on he's is very, very good .
Watch out for Albany, the rest of this year but the next few, in particular. They are now really banged up, have a bunch of kids who very likely will be very productive and who are rehabbing now and a bunch of tough kids who gave our VCATS fits for a good part of the last game. Then there is the Will Brown factor. Don't underestimate the Great Danes going forward. I say this as an avid Catamounts fan. Hoping for another big body and athletic wing/slasher with next year's crop of incoming kids (assuming we have two more scholarships remaining).

lsbal,

141 - 150 of 150 Posts