Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nostrajimus line UVM - 5.5

UMO has only posted 11 AE conf wins over the past 715 days, and all but 1 (a depleted BU squad on the way out a few weeks ago) have come against the 3 worst AE programs in UMBC, UNH, & Bingo.

I highly doubt Win #12 over that time span will come vs. UMO's Daddy, the Catamounts.

Over/Under on the number of people who log onto to view this gem nationwide on ESPN 3 is set at 24.5 ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nostrajimus line UVM - 5.5

I highly doubt Win #12 over that time span will come vs. UMO's Daddy, the Catamounts.

Over/Under on the number of people who log onto to view this gem nationwide on ESPN 3 is set at 24.5 ;)
Don't want to encourage you but even I had to laugh.

UMO's Daddy - the Catamounts!!!!!!

This conference is such junk. It will get much worse with BU leaving. I would sell my soul for UVM to follow BU to the Patriot league. I hope we get out while we still can.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
This conference is such junk. It will get much worse with BU leaving.
The same BU that's been conference champion exactly once in the last ten years? Wait, that could be Binghamton...but they're not leaving.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The same BU that's been conference champion exactly once in the last ten years? Wait, that could be Binghamton...but they're not leaving.
That's a very selective sample size you have there. You insult us all by thinking that it will fool any of us.

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
That's a very selective sample size you have there. You insult us all by thinking that it will fool any of us.
I don't see how the last 10 years is a selective sample size. 10 years is a pretty common number to use and it says a lot about where a program is now and not what they have done way back in the day.

That being said BU is great at boosting the conference rpi and not winning championships. They are a great team for this conference to have. They will be missed but the AE will do fine without them.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't want to encourage you but even I had to laugh.

UMO's Daddy - the Catamounts!!!!!!

This conference is such junk. It will get much worse with BU leaving. I would sell my soul for UVM to follow BU to the Patriot league. I hope we get out while we still can.

Academically speaking I think UVM is the only AE school that could pull that off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agreed, BU and UVM are the best 2 academic schools in the conference by far.
Lol. Someone butt angry that bing passed them in the last USNWR rankings?

E: to add. The nys legislators commitment to not cut SUNY funding in contrast to other states lowering their state school funding ensures binghamton will be the better academic school for the foreseeable future. Eat it

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bingo lost all credibility with the MBB scandal, so it will be quite some time before they garner respect from other conf or institutions.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Agreed, BU and UVM are the best 2 academic schools in the conference by far.
LOL. If you were an Albany fan I would bother and start a pissing match... But vermont... nah. wont waste my time disrespecting the 60 years old that visit here

·
Registered
178 Posts
LOL. If you were an Albany fan I would bother and start a pissing match... But vermont... nah. wont waste my time disrespecting the 60 years old that visit here
Pretty sure SBU will pass Vermont in the rankings next year and within 5 years all three SUNYs will be at the top of the rankings of the AE

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't see how the last 10 years is a selective sample size. 10 years is a pretty common number to use and it says a lot about where a program is now and not what they have done way back in the day.

That being said BU is great at boosting the conference rpi and not winning championships. They are a great team for this conference to have. They will be missed but the AE will do fine without them.
My small sample size comment was not a reference to the length of real time he chose to use.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nostrajimus' line UVM - 9.5, but UMO pulls the upset in a classic setup game with UMO coming off a horrid loss & UVM coming off a huge win. On second thought I forgot that UMO is led by Mr. March ;)

Edwards in AE play so far wouldn't even be a 3rd team All-Conf selection. Sad but true. But he's a great dunker. :)

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Happy the next couple of games for UVM will be on ESPN3- starting tomorrow night against Maine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts