Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
In the Bryant post game interview, Kresge stated that Celaya was suspended for the remainder of the season for a violation of team rules. May not seem like a big deal because she didn't score much, but she was often #1 off the bench because of defense, and defensive skill will be needed against UMBC.

· Registered
980 Posts
A couple notes from today's game

the #23 point guard duel (Utterback v Dixon) was something to behold. Dixon is a great shotmaker.

Vito has a nose for the ball. 8 rebounds and lots of toughness

17 assists on 32 FGs for UVM

Kudos to UVM's fitness. The starters all pulled a lot of minutes, esp the guards and Olson and were pressed full court (I think) every possession. Very few turnovers and closed the game on an 18-11 run in the last 7 min

· Registered
179 Posts
Not sure if this has been asked and answered. Does anyone know what Utterback's and Richason's plans are.
Are they planning to leave or come back for their Covid year. Would make a big difference in the UVM squad for
next year.
Emma actually graduated last year as a Junior; she enrolled in a 2 year Masters Program this fall. Did she revert back to a one year masters program. Do not know. I note that on WBBLBLOG a coach was quoted as saying they walk with their class on SR night, if they grad transfer so be it.

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Well don't look now but the Providence job just opened. Could Kresge be in the mix.
If Providence was serious about being an actual player in the Big East, they'd go throw piles of cash at Tammi Riess or Tory Verdi at URI and UMass respectively. However, I sense they are not, and URI and UMass are well positioned to be way better jobs for both those coaches, who could honestly rack up wins and wait for other major, serious women's basketball gigs to open (even the outside possibility of UConn if it goes outside the family when Geno steps down - which my sense is going to happen sooner than later).

As for candidates at PC, I don't see Kresge being on the radar there. I know in women's hoop you can make that jump easier than men can, but I can't see that happening now. St. Bonaventure is on an interim coach right now who after a 6-26 season, might not get to keep that gig. Might be more realistic, but again I don't know. Gut says Kresge is back at UVM, but the women's carousel produces interesting results.

For now, all the focus is on Friday.

· Registered
112 Posts
Just to circle back regarding the Marist position. The assistant is taking over for Giorgis. but the program has fallen off the last few years and if this assistant can't get the program competing in the MAAC again then I would look at Krege as a candidate. Of course this would be a few years down the road.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts