Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
As I understand it, the women's staff is looking to make some international inroads, and Spain (which is where Gonzalez is from) is apparently an emphasis or at least where they're watching multiple players.

Also heard they're trying to swing big in the portal, like attempting to land teams leading scorers who probably are going to go higher...but...we'll see about that. I think bringing in someone who can help spell Olson reliability (Dizon did okay, but another frontcourt player would help), plus really if you can find someone to replicate what Larkins gave you internally or externally, they should be in good shape.

I want them to go all in next year anyway...it'll be tough to beat Maine and Albany, but no reason to believe they can't be back in the top 3 and be a title challenger.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
They've got 11 (9 returnees + 2 recruits). At this point I've come to expect that they won't ever use the 15 that women's basketball can be allotted (or if they even get that allotment), so I couldn't tell you if they have 4 spots open or are only going to use 1 spot, or are just going to roll with 11 because Kresge isn't going to play a bench anyway. They're offering 2024 and 2025 students early, I've heard they are recruiting internationally, which means you'll hear nothing until they show up on the women's side...as for the portal who knows. My hope would be they'd use the portal to fill in the spots left by Larkins and Wells, or just get someone who can contribute so they go all in this year on trying to top Maine and probably Albany and keep building...it'll tail off when Utterback graduates unless someone else steps up in a major way to compliment Olson.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My quick research would indicate 5 options that I can find that fit that bill.

Emily Fisher 5'7" PG from American - averaged 8.8 points, 4.2 assists and 3.9 rebounds in 32.1 minutes this past year.
Kristina Moore 6'1" Guard from Florida - averaged 3.8 points, 0.6 assists and 1.8 rebounds in 11.0 minutes this past year.
Lana Hollingsworth 5'10" Guard from Santa Clara - averaged 9.4 points, 2.1 assists and 4.4 rebounds in 27.3 minutes this past year.
Georgia Kehoe 6'3" Forward from Seattle - averaged 7.0 points, 1.2 assists and 4.8 rebounds in 18.6 minutes this past year.
Courtney Murphy 6'0" SG from Seattle - averaged 8.8 points, 1.0 assists and 4.7 rebounds in 27.6 minutes this past year.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts