Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Van Exel: Texas or I'll retire

466 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jackiejackal 
#1 ·
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it apears as though NVE will retire after next year unless he gets picked up by any of the 3 Texas teams. Even less of a reason to trade for him if you ask me.

ESPN Has it all

#2 ·
Nick

Nick,I love ya !
I have followed your games your entire career. And school !
You are a big game player,and quite frankly would be my last
minute shot maker on our entire team.

However..
I am sick of your dissatisfaction on just about every team you go to.
Shut your yap and thank your lucky stars for what you make
for a game you love.
What is with this "Texas or I'll Quit" ??

Any of those teams in Texas you will be lost in the shuffle.

Now on the other hand,
Come to Portland and I guarantee you nearly saviour status
for one reason..
YOU CAN SHOOT !!!
And you play D !

Please come to Portland,you are exactly what the Dr. ordered.
A player we can count on in those closing moments.

What say you all ??

#4 ·
i dont see what the big deal is. he has a kid in dallas, thats where he makes his home. hes at the point in his career where he is getting up there in years and he wants to be where his home is. he enjoyed his time in texas and he probably wants to be there full time. If his contract is up he isnt obligated to play nba ball anymore so if it isnt the right situation he shouldnt be forced to sign a contract. just because hes an entertainer and some of us maybe wish he would be satisfied to be on our team, we still must realize he is a human and has human desires as much as we do and if somebody has enough money to be financially set then they might as well only work at a place which is the right situation for them.

Whats wrong with him being dissatisfied with where he is right now? He was right where he wanted to be in dallas on a championship contending team in a place where he makes his home where his son lives and he gets traded to a team that wont make the playoffs, thats a good reason to be disatisfied.

Let a man make his own decisions without displaying criticism.

#5 ·
You're right, ScottVDub, but I seriously doubt that Van Excel is going to retire at the age of 32. This is just a ploy to get one of the Texas teams to trade for him.

#6 ·
NVE is a shoot-first player who can't shoot very well.

He's a guy who's almost constantly hurt and/or complaining about the quality of team he's on, but he's consistently paid as one of the top players on his team.

He's better than Damon, but his act got old before he even left LA and one good year coming off of Dallas's bench didn't do anything to change my mind.

If he wants to go to a Texas team, though: more power to him. One of the advantages the NBA players have is to control which teams they play for... they can rarely control both how much they make AND where they play, but if going to Texas is important enough to him, I'm sure one of the three teams will pay him a decent chunk of coin.

Ed O.

#8 ·
Originally posted by <b>ScottVdub</b>!
i dont see what the big deal is. he has a kid in dallas, thats where he makes his home. hes at the point in his career where he is getting up there in years and he wants to be where his home is. he enjoyed his time in texas and he probably wants to be there full time. If his contract is up he isnt obligated to play nba ball anymore so if it isnt the right situation he shouldnt be forced to sign a contract. just because hes an entertainer and some of us maybe wish he would be satisfied to be on our team, we still must realize he is a human and has human desires as much as we do and if somebody has enough money to be financially set then they might as well only work at a place which is the right situation for them.

Whats wrong with him being dissatisfied with where he is right now? He was right where he wanted to be in dallas on a championship contending team in a place where he makes his home where his son lives and he gets traded to a team that wont make the playoffs, thats a good reason to be disatisfied.

Let a man make his own decisions without displaying criticism.
Good post. If anyone has kids the can understand where Nick is coming from. Personally, I don't but I could only imagine how bad one could miss their child. He's missing out on his son's life and as few good fathers out there today how can anyone question what NVE wants to do here?

#10 ·
why here you wonder, with his baggage?

DESPERATION

Mathematically, I figured out Portland is in some deep doo doo.
They would have to win about 60% of their games..
(I did it in my head,sorry if I am off a little)

Who else is suddenly available???
Suggestions???

There is a lack of shooters still(sigh)

By the way,I am not critical of Nick,I really like him.
But for some reason,he seems to have that cloud over him.

Let him walk at the end of the year if you don't like him.

The closer it gets to the end,I am feeling bad about that little streak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.