Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
God
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotlight on Nick Van Exel

Don't be surprised if the Golden State point guard is wearing a new uniform by the Feb. 19 trade deadline. A source close to Van Exel said Portland and Indiana have interest in trading for Van Exel.

Portland is considering trading forward Rasheed Wallace to Golden State in exchange for Van Exel and center Erick Dampier. Point guard has been an area of concern for Indiana, and Van Exel's mother lives in Indianapolis. Van Exel reportedly has been critical of Warriors coach Eric Musselman and would like to be back in a winning situation. He said recently that he wouldn't mind playing for a Texas team in the future.

Van Exel, who played in Denver from 1998-2002, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds while being bothered by knee problems. He was listed as probable for tonight's game after suffering a hip pointer during Thursday's practice.
Link: http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~1938549,00.html

I'd love to have Van Exel come to Indiana but at what price? I don't want to lose Al Harrington.

Thoughts?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Re: Re: Van Exel to Indiana?

Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

So what would you plan on offering? Austin Croshere and Jonathon Bender? Yeah, I'm sure that GS would jump at that opportunity.:rolleyes:
Exactly, we can't give them what they want, i wouldn't even trade Foster for NVE, Nick will mess up our whole system, can't they see that?:no:

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Van Exel is a good player no doubt, but he is the kind of player who has to be the star on a team to be happy. He wouldnt be that player on this team. I would pass on that.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
Van Exel is a good player no doubt, but he is the kind of player who has to be the star on a team to be happy. He wouldnt be that player on this team. I would pass on that.
I think at this point in his career NVE just wants to win. I don't think he's concerned at all with his own stats. Look at the situation he was in in Dallas, he was winning and I haven't seen him happier at any other point in his career.

·
Registered
486 Posts
o what would you plan on offering? Austin Croshere and Jonathon Bender? Yeah, I'm sure that GS would jump at that opportunity.
I don't think the Pacers could offer any more than that for NVE I just don't think he factors into this teams equation.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i really don't see this at all. i think nve has a big salary and i really don't believe the pacers want it. yeh, he still has the ability to be dangerous and all that but, give up al for him? maybe if nick were 5 years younger than he is but, not now.

·
God
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe Indiana can get Jason Terry for cheap? He wants to get out of Atlanta and Atlanta wants to get rid of his contract. Their GM has made bonehead moves over and over again so maybe he does it again??? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts