Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
For all the accolades Hinrich has collected from coaches around the league, he's still one piece of the puzzle, and not the centerpiece. We still need to find ourselves a go-to guy, a closer...someone like Paul Pierce.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
For all the accolades Hinrich has collected from coaches around the league, he's still one piece of the puzzle, and not the centerpiece. We still need to find ourselves a go-to guy, a closer...someone like Paul Pierce.
true and couldn't agree more...been saying that too.
still, it's kinda great when you get that kinda praise from a JVG - nasty! LOL.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Its obvious Hinrich isnt the final piece to anything, but him getting praise is definitely good to hear. He is a rare type PG in a league that is starting to producing more scoring point guards that are borderline SG's ie Francis, Wade, Iverson, etc. All three guys are very very good players, but I think a team run by a Hinrich type PG will probably be much more successful if the other 4 positions are in the right place.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hopefully Curry can fill this role. If he improves his passing and can kick it out to Crawford and Hinrich for 3's we'll be good. Also these two need to improve on getting Curry the ball in good position. I hope to God ERob continues to grow. Chandler's our cleanup man and he's a great defender. I think we might finally be on our way ...too bad its too late this year.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I told you guys that Van Gundy would probably trade Francis for Hinrich. Hinrich is exactly the type of player Van Gundy needs.

And I'm sure there are plenty of GM's and Coaches who feel the same way...the quickest way to land the superstar we want may in fact be dealing Hinrich, and not Jamal.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I imagine Hinrich might be able to get some minutes if he were a Rocket.

;)

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
I imagine Hinrich might be able to get some minutes if he were a Rocket.

;)
I have no doubt that he'd be starting. You don't think they'd be a hundred percent better with Hinrich instead of Mobley playing next to Francis, with Mark Jackson backing Hinrich up?

Teams would never score on that team. Hinrich with Yao and Cato behind him? Jackson helping on the wing.

Wouldn't be fair.

Even Mobley-Hinrich would be better for the Rockets than Francis-Mobley. Though the best option for them would be Francis-Hinrich.

Sometimes a player is just a better fit for one team. I don't think Hinrich's hustle and bustle is being maxamized on a team like the Bulls.

Another team where Hinrich would be great for what ails ya, would be the Pacers. Can you imagine being able to sic Artest and Hinrich on a backcourt with Jermaine O'Neal protecting the basket?

And we could add Harrington or something.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I told you guys that Van Gundy would probably trade Francis for Hinrich. Hinrich is exactly the type of player Van Gundy needs.

And I'm sure there are plenty of GM's and Coaches who feel the same way...the quickest way to land the superstar we want may in fact be dealing Hinrich, and not Jamal.
Its a good point Fut

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Another team where Hinrich would be great for what ails ya, would be the Pacers. Can you imagine being able to sic Artest and Hinrich on a backcourt with Jermaine O'Neal protecting the basket?

And we could add Harrington or something.
I think we can get Harrington for AD...

Not saying straight up, but I think he'd be the main worm to catch that fish...

I don't want to trade Hinrich, I want him and Jamal on this team.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
We may have a winner.........

How about :

Kirk Hinrich, Melvin Ely , Keyon Dooling , Mark Blount and Chris Mills to Houston

Steve Francis, Tyson Chandler, Kelvin Cato and Jim Jackson to Boston

Paul Pierce , Mike James and Bobby Simmons to Chicago

Marcus Fizer and Rick Brunson to the Clippers

BULLS

Curry
Davis
Robinson
Pierce
Crawford

bench

C.Blount
Williams
Simmons
Gill
James

CELTICS

Mihm
Chandler
Davis
Welsch
Francis

bench

Cato
LaFrentz
Jones
Jim Jackson
Banks

ROCKETS

Ming
Weatherspoon
Taylor
Mobely
Hinrich

bench

M.Blount
Ely
Nachbar
Piatowski
Dooling

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Re: We may have a winner.........

Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

How about :

Kirk Hinrich, Melvin Ely , Keyon Dooling , Kendall Gill and Chris Mills to Houston

Steve Francis, Tyson Chandler, Kelvin Cato and Jim Jackson to Boston

Paul Pierce , Mike James and Bobby Simmons to Chicago

Marcus Fizer and Rick Brunson to the Clippers

BULLS

Curry
Davis
Robinson
Pierce
Crawford

bench

C.Blount
Williams
Simmons
Gill
James

CELTICS

Mihm
Chandler
Davis
Welsch
Francis

bench

Cato
LaFrentz
Jones
Jim Jackson
Banks

ROCKETS

Ming
Weatherspoon
Taylor
Mobely
Hinrich

bench

Ely
Nachbar
Gill
Piatowski
Dooling
A lot of players involved there, reminds me of that Astros-Padres trade years ago...

Anyway, I think Boston makes out the best in this deal...

AD is not the long term solution at PF, so we're banking on drafting Okafor if we do this deal, and we can't bank on anything.

I think the trade makes sense, meaning it's not ridiculous, but I never see it happening just because of the amount of players changing teams.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Incidentally ..

The Rox do that deal and they have commitments at $31M going into next season ( before they sign draft picks ) to Ming, Ely, Spoon , Taylor, Nachbar, Mobely, Hinrich, Piatowski - that's 8 players

All of sudden .. the Rox are in the free agency hunt for Kobe Bryant and they have their "preferred" type of point guard for the next 10 years and their franchise Center

You would have to think that Carroll Dawson wouls seriously think about it

We know the Clips are ready to deal their end of the package for Fizer

We know Ainge wants point guard and rebouding help - Francis and Chandler to soften the PR blow of losing Pierce. Check

If it came down to it .. would Pax part with Kirk and Hinrich as the Centrepieces of a deal that brought Paul Pierce to town

It may not be as far fetched as some may thing on the automatic disqualfier for some "oohhhh there are too many people"

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
that go-to guy, closer will be curry. of course kirk is not a go-to guy , how many PGs have u seen that are go-to guy?especially pass first type PG. not even john stockton was, and he was one of the greatest Pg ever. Karl malone was the closer/go-to guy in utah.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!

that go-to guy, closer will be curry. of course kirk is not a go-to guy , how many PGs have u seen that are go-to guy?especially pass first type PG. not even john stockton was, and he was one of the greatest Pg ever. Karl malone was the closer/go-to guy in utah.
I agree we need a go-to guy.

But Stockton was the man at the end of games many times,and could do it also in games he hardly shot b4.
The go-to guy in Utah used to be a !-2 combo putting stockton,Malone and at times Hornecek at the same side and pick and roll or play an inside-outside move.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>spongyfungy</b>!
He may not be the goto guy but he's the guy that will give it to the go to guy. plus he's no slouch on the offensive end. We already know he works hard on the defensive portion.
exactly spongy! i have to really laugh though, because i post this last night and this morning it's hey, look you guys, we can trade kirk for paul pierce, we can trade him for francis...hey, i know, here's a wacky idea - how about we keep kirk and jamal ON THE BULLS and see how that goes?

"I like how they're using both guards (Hinrich and Jamal Crawford) together. They're interchangeable. I think they're very hard to guard."

you guys (well some of you) really crack me up sometimes. i thought they - the TEAM - made a great effort last night and despite jamal's shot being cold in the first half and kirk's shot being cold in the second, they managed a game that should have gone to overtime. ok, ok, pass the kool-aid. (tasty!) jamal had soreness on his left hand but skiles kept encouraging him to be aggressive offensively and it finally came. kirk apparently dislocated his right pinkie finger (at what point in the game i have no idea - read it in the Daily Herald today) and still he left it all on the court. van gundy likes them both together, says they are very hard to guard. i like that skiles was encouraging to jamal about his shot - and didn't say anything negative or veiled about his defense.

"We kept telling Jamal to be aggressive offensively," Skiles said. "I thought maybe he was starting to hang his head a little bit for no reason, because I thought for the most part he took some pretty good shots."

and hinrich, yeah, he's a stud. he is a born competitor, he's tough, he's smart, and thank god he is a BULL!!!

ok maybe i've had a little too much coffee this morning. i just had to respond to some of these posts.

:laugh:

daily herald

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Van Gundy must not know that Kirk won't pass to Jamal. He doesn't see anything. Skiles and Van Gundy must be crackpots.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts