Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of fans talk negativly and bemoan the idea of getting Van Horn. He doesn't look that bad statistically, so what is everyone's problem with him? I heard he is a lazy bum, no heart player. If that's the case, I definitly don't want him on the team either. I'm SICK of stand-around basketball!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Van Horn's stats make him look like twice the player that he actually is. He is inconsistent and doesn't play very tough. A typical Van Horn game seems to have him scoring 10 points on 5-7 shooting with 5 rebounds in one quarter, then having 3 points on 1-8 shooting with 2 rebounds in the other three combined.

That said, he isn't a <i>bad</i> player, just not nearly as solid as his stats would lead you to believe.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
Van Horn's stats make him look like twice the player that he actually is. He is inconsistent and doesn't play very tough. A typical Van Horn game seems to have him scoring 10 points on 5-7 shooting with 5 rebounds in one quarter, then having 3 points on 1-8 shooting with 2 rebounds in the other three combined.

That said, he isn't a <i>bad</i> player, just not nearly as solid as his stats would lead you to believe.
Interesting, sounds just like a player that plays in Portland right now. :D

Next you'll tell me that they are going to be key parts of a Huge Blockbuster trade! :eek:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!

Interesting, sounds just like a player that plays in Portland right now. :D
Come on... Zach's a pretty good player. His defensive and ballhandling deficiencies aren't THAT bad.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I have never been impressed with Van Horn's game.

I have to admit, I haven't watched him all that much, but I never had a moment where I got exicted watching him play, thinking "this guy would be nice on the Blazers".

Contrast that with other mid-level players who do occaisionally have games that cause you to want them on your team - Malik Rose, Kirilenko (last season), Z, Magliore, Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, Rashard Lewis, Magette, Matt Harpring, Michael Redd, Ginobili, Brent Barry as examples.

Van Horn is a tweener (too weak and soft to play 4, too slow to play 3) that hurts team play. I don't like watching that. He is a poor defender. He is ungraceful and boring to watch.

Then you top off the situation by paying a Max deal for an average talent. Yech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.