Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this guy has a lot of detractors, and a fair amount of supporters, but I have not followed his career all that closely. I know he's not considered to be all that aggressive, not that clutch, and not great on D. I also see his production tapers off in the playoffs, which I can't love. But all that aside, aside from a couple of slow poins he's been pretty good for the Knicks this year.

What I'm wondering about is his consitency. He's around 18ppg career, and seems consitent season to season, but is he consitent within a season? Is he the kind of guy who gets 15-22 every night or does he average 18 by getting 10ppg one week and then 28ppg the next week? And when he dissappears, does he do it for a night, a quarter, or a week?

Not really looking to see the guy get trashed, just trying to get an honest feel for his game over time.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Van horn is a player who is a steady scorer. Hes rebounding can be amazing some nights, and then he will pull down 2 another night. He does play hard though. Take him on your fantasy team and watch him that way.

·
Registered
729 Posts
He is pretty solid IMO as a knicks fan. Although many say he is not agressive, he isstaedy taking it to the rim. Offensively he is good for 15 - 22 with the exception that he may go off one night and get 30 and he may have and off night and score 9, but that goes for anyone in the NBA. He rebounds very well for us, and pulls them down when we really need them. His defense could use some improvement, but its nowhere as bad as people would like to make it out to be, we mainly want perimiter D from him and if they get passed him and get inside then Deke or Thomas have to pik up the slack. All in all KVH is a solid starter, not an All-star and not able to carry a team by himslef (not a franchise player), but he is a very effective player who plays hard. Seems like they are missing him in Philly.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
He's just like Juwan Howard, a respectable career, but nothing special. He'll never be the solution to a team's problems, but he'll never be the start of a team's problems either.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Van Horn's biggest hinderence to a team is his salary. He's vastly overpaid. If i were an NBA GM i'd welcome Van Horn's game to my team. However, i would not like his salary. He's paid so much it really limits the quality of the team around him. He's an outstanding 3rd option, or a solid 2nd option, but he's being paid a superstar's salary.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
That is the biggest problem with Van Horn, he's just paid too much. He actually would be a very good 3rd option for your team but he's paid like a 1st. That will always make people think less of him as a player.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Van Horn is a guy who will score 15 points in the first quarter, then dissapear the rest of the game. The thing is he always has those kind of games, so his scoring looks consistent.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I did a little research on this season for Van Horn to look at his scoring patterns. He has played in 40 games this season thus far. Anyway, he is a breakdown of how many times he has scored in three different scoring groups:

0-9 points : 10 times
10-19 points:15 times
20+ points:15 times

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
I did a little research on this season for Van Horn to look at his scoring patterns. He has played in 40 games this season thus far. Anyway, he is a breakdown of how many times he has scored in three different scoring groups:

0-9 points : 10 times
10-19 points:15 times
20+ points:15 times
Just curious, did yo manually assemble that or is there a site that makes it easy. I'd like to see how that compares to other players of his caliber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts