Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no posts about this? Wow what a finish. Best of March even though its in the NIT. Go to espn.com and then to their NCAA page, its on their espn motion links.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
I didnt feel like posting a thread on that but that was horrible defense on that last play wasnt it? :rofl: Nice way to win the game for Vandy tho!

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
I have never seen such horrible defense on a play with .7 seconds left...how do you just let someone stand under the hoop unguarded? Unbelievable.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
ESPN top 10 said it could be comparable to the laettner shot.

i say no.

yesterday's #1 on the top 10 was more comparable. the dude that shot the gw shot literally from his own ***.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Not comparable to the Laettner shot. You also got to take into consideration difficulty and importance. Which this shot had none of. I honestly think that the Minnesota State Championship Shot was better than Laettner. I mean, for those kids that's the absolute highest level they'll ever reach, which was not something the heavily favored Blue Devils could say in the 1992 Elite 8.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I happened to catch the end of that game last night. The play before that long pass for the winning basket was executed very nicely. Down by three, the Wichita State kid hit the first of two free throws. Then he intentionally missed the second with a soft shot of the back of the rim. A scramble for the rebound resulted in a putback to tie the game. Then Vandy executed the Hail Mary pass for the win. What a finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts