Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone see the Sixers immediatly trading vanhorn and someone else (i.e DC) for a bigman from the west? or do you think we will just keep him?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Van horn can't be traded until a couple of months from now because it's in the collective bargaining agreement. Now will he be traded later it's possible a team like denver,or GS.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>enforcer 75</b>!
Van horn can't be traded until a couple of months from now because it's in the collective bargaining agreement. Now will he be traded later it's possible a team like denver,or GS.
I doubt it he is the SF that can shoot that the sixers have been looking for

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

I agree. If I were the GM of the Sixers I would be looking for a three-point scorer and Keith Van Horn isn't one. He shot a 3P% of .345 in '01-'02, not horrible, but not great. The Sixers need a three-point shooter if they're gonna try to contend. Iverson's career 3P% of .318 isn't gonna get it done.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

... but he can't defend SFs at all. But if Larry Brown can teach him to play aggressively consistantly, he'll be a good player, as long as Brown can find a way to make sure Van Horn doesn't have to guard anyone quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts