Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avery Johnson was quoted for praising Keith Van Horn's parimeter defense. In the Golden State game, in the second half he took the torch from Dirk and continued raining down buckets(went like 8-11) At first I was hesitant about this guy but I see Dirk working with him and upping his game even higher. They play a similiar game(though Van Horn has nothing on Dirk) and his Keith will most likely learn alot from Dirk.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I already though we should give him more time!

If AJ starts liking I only see positive things about it.

24 points in 28 minutes played last night was admirable!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Good. I hate seeing KVH moving around so much, hopefully he won't start disappearing come playoff time.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Actually what Avery Johnson was praising was Van Horn's post defense. In fact the quote from this mornings paper was:

Avery said:
"I think I'm the most excited about how physical he's playing post defense," Johnson said. "People thought he would be a defensive liability.

"Right now, he is probably one of our better defenders. He plays the post physical. He guards the pick and roll really well."
If Van Horn plays like this most nights I would think the Mavericks would want to resign him but lets see him play this way through the playoffs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
What you saw from KVH last night was what made him such a high pick. People thought he would be able to produce that every night. If Avery can light a fire under him that would show just how good a coach he is. Hopefully we will keep seeing this from KVH.

·
Registered
391 Posts
While KVH did wonders for us off the bench against GS, he is still not the most consistant player to ever live. On other nights he could go 1-9, thats just who he is. Will he stay here, who knows? His contract is very tradable and the Mavs are known for the roster changes so we should have to wait and see.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Mavs41 said:
What you saw from KVH last night was what made him such a high pick. People thought he would be able to produce that every night. If Avery can light a fire under him that would show just how good a coach he is. Hopefully we will keep seeing this from KVH.
I agree with that. He hasn't ever really had an in your face coach, or been on that many good teams for that matter. Last night was an exception, if he could give at least 12, 6, and some good interior defense, he's definitely what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
391 Posts
DMN-
Unexpected returns: Keith Van Horn has started to contribute more offensively in recent games. But something else has caught Avery Johnson's eye.

"I think I'm the most excited about how physical he's playing post defense," Johnson said. "People thought he would be a defensive liability.

"Right now, he is probably one of our better defenders. He plays the post physical. He guards the pick and roll really well."
This could favour him KVH to stay in Dallas if he is a coach favourite.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This trade was a rip-off for the bucks.Main reason was to free cap space to re-sign Redd.I doubt that KVH will be on this team that long.He will probably get traded in the off-season or Before the trading deadline next year.He will be in his last year of his big contract and that will attract teams to get him.Even though I would like to keep him I doubt that we will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts