Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8828221/anderson-varejao-cleveland-cavaliers-undergo-surgery-leg

I have no idea what this really means. Never heard of this injury. You'd have to assume that the Cavs may well have been able to get a pretty nice value for him with the way that he has been cleaning the glass this season. They must have had a lot of interest in him for teams with higher short term goals.

Anderson Varejao's big body has betrayed him again.Cleveland's hustling center needs surgery to repair a muscle that split near his right knee, which could cause him to miss two more months -- a major setback for a young Cavaliers team struggling through another miserable season.
The NBA's leading rebounder, Varejao was injured Dec. 18 against Toronto. The injury was initially diagnosed as only a bruised right knee, but as his symptoms persisted, more tests were performed and revealed a "longitudinal split" between Varejao's quadriceps and knee.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
I hope this doesn't cost him a well-deserved all-star reserve spot.

·
First Round Draft Pick
1,124 Posts
Split here means tear, right? :confused: Nevertheless, sucks for both Varejao and the Cavs... again.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
That sucks - he was having a great season too

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Split here means tear, right? :confused: Nevertheless, sucks for both Varejao and the Cavs... again.
I'm not a medical professional, but I think it means that the individual muscle fibers (running up and down) separated from each other, as opposed to all or some of the muscle fibers being torn in half "against the grain".

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Varejao's getting injured this season was almost as guaranteed as Billups getting injured this season.

Cavs should have traded him for the best offer. They got greedy, then they got screwed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts