Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the bulls/raps game... man... it was so frustrating... why doesn't Vince shoot more??!? especially in the last 5 or so minutes of the game when they need the points!

I know he's trying to play team ball, and that's fine for the first 3 quarters... but in the 4th, if his team is behind.. he's got to be the man to take the shots!!! 15 shots a game is way too little for VC... the needs to put up at least 20-25 shots a game... that's what a superstar is suppose to do!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i said vince needs to be more assertive.

but ppl seem to like the way vince plays (passive).

MARK MY WORDS: toronto isnt goin anywhere with they way vince is playing, even if the raptors are winning. He needs to step up and be a superstar again. or the raptors will either get a first round exit or miss the playoffs again next year.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
think he's playing passively on purpose? think his desire to win is down and that thoughts of the draft pick are on his mind too? i would doubt it but the man should be able to score so easily and so often that it boggles my mind that he doesn't score above 20 every night. think he's saving himself? for next season?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree with you AC... he was wide open on so many shots.. but he just decided to pass it off to his teamates... I wonder if he is confused as to what it takes to really win... I think we need a coach who has to force vince to be more selfish...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Stop ragging on the injured guy. Just be patient and wait until next year. Jordan hurt his leg early in his career and I believe he played 22 games that year. I think the Raptors should shut Vince down again after there is no chance to get back to .500.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Psubs</b>!
Stop ragging on the injured guy. Just be patient and wait until next year. Jordan hurt his leg early in his career and I believe he played 22 games that year. I think the Raptors should shut Vince down again after there is no chance to get back to .500.

i agree.

tank the season and get lebron or darko!

rest carter and let him return with a vengence.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macro6</b>!

i agree.

tank the season and get lebron or darko!

rest carter and let him return with a vengence.
If thats the case why come back this season and risk further injury???? What you see now is what you get and will be getting. If hes injured in his 1st or snd game back after he made that nasty dunk why bang on his knee. hes healthy, this is just him

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Stop ragging on the injured guy? He says his damn knee is fine, and has been fine for a while. If he was injured, then why is he playing, specially with the record the Raps have? He's not frickin injured, and he does need to take more shots in the 4th. He's the man in the last quarter, not Voshon, not Mo, not AD, not Alvin. This is Vince's team, and if he's going to get 7 assists in the first 3 quarters and none in the last, then why not shoot the damn ball a bit more. He hardly even demands the ball! I don't get it... he says he's not injured... so he should stop playing like he is!

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
Stop ragging on the injured guy? He says his damn knee is fine, and has been fine for a while. If he was injured, then why is he playing, specially with the record the Raps have? He's not frickin injured, and he does need to take more shots in the 4th. He's the man in the last quarter, not Voshon, not Mo, not AD, not Alvin. This is Vince's team, and if he's going to get 7 assists in the first 3 quarters and none in the last, then why not shoot the damn ball a bit more. He hardly even demands the ball! I don't get it... he says he's not injured... so he should stop playing like he is!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
He's not injured, but he has lost all of his confidence. He's so worried about reinjuring his knee that he isn't driving in at all. Everything is outside shooting. His confidence will come back, it'll just take some time. In the meantime, he's doing the right thing in being a team player. Last year when he relied too much on his outside shot, his percentage went way down, and the Raps tanked. He's doing the right thing for now. If he does this next year, then we have a serious problem.

Speaking of serious problems and not driving to the basket, MoPete has a serious problem of not driving to the basket. Whenever he does drive in, he posterizes somebody, so I don't know why he doesn't do it more often.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
HE says he may not be injured, but he may as well be.

can you tell me how many athletes will step up and say im injured and im not gonna play anymore? they will never admit it themselves, they have too much pride. They will always try to fight thru it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts