Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor I heard that Vince will go to Cavs for D-Miles and Zydrunus.

Will this happen?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That was way before the trade deadline and Toronto's GM said he would never trade Vince Carter. Miles doesnt seem like he will ever be th eplayer he was sought out to be.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Vince won't leave Toronto till his contract is finished, I can assure u, he means everything for the basketball fans here in TO...

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
If a kid named "lebron james" comes in toronto then the deal could be a possibility

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
still probably not, Vince means too much to the team in terms of marketing, and yea I know Lebron could replace him from a marketing standpoint, but the owners of the Raptors also own the Leafs which are their primary concern, and I doubt they'd want to spend the time to develop Lebron as the new marketing star, when they have the face of the franchise in Vince, besides it would make more sense to keep two superstars as opposed to trading one away, unless they can't coexist.....

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Z is a star and D-Miles can become a superstar. Seems to me equal talent from both teams.Yes the marketing is gonna be the cancer of that trade but sometimes you gotta take a risk.once lebron starts there raptors fan would forget about VC and they would want him to be traded.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Z is and will always be an injury risk cuz of his multiple surgeries on his feet. D Miles should at least be showing some signs of becoming a superstar, he may have the talent, but so far he's done nothing to show he will become one. Even if you ignore the marketing aspect, no way the Raptors would do this trade from a basketball standpoint.
Throw in Lebron, and I'd still rather have Lebron/Vince as opposed to Lebron/Z/DMiles

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
and dont forget too that VC was injured alot of time.He recovers and then gets injure and recovers again and then gets injured.Sounds pretty much like Z.

Doesnt shaq have the foot thing too.but he still is playing good.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Z does not have the same foot thing that Shaq has, Z has had multiple surgeries on his feet which are now held together by who knows what, Shaq has had problems with one of his toes....

As for Vince, he has not had a serious injury like a Z or a Grant Hill, there is no reason to believe he won't become healthy again.

With Z, he might play out the rest of his career without any injuries, but there is a far greater risk of his career ending sooner as opposed to VC.....

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
no because it doesnt make sense to chicago.

maybe VC for WILLIAM,FIZER,ROBINSON

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Z does have a chance of ending his career with an injury although I believe that the likelihood had diminished considerably. Z has for all intents and purposes had his feet rebuilt and has not been injured at all in 2 seasons.

While I like VC I don't like this deal for the Cavs. VC would be just another swingman on a team full of swingmen. In addition this rumor is very old and I don't think it was ever really considered to begin with.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
in my opinion, this would be the absolute worst time to trade vince. his market value has never been lower.

for that reason alone, i suspect he probably won't be going anywhere.

but you never know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts