Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who should be the primary offensive option for the Raptors??

• Vince

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Bosh

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHo should be the primary offensive option for this team? I'm not convinced vince needs to be the guy getting all the touches, even if he s having a good night. The team rarely feeds off of him. We've tried it...its not working. I think we need to start developing Bosh as the star of this team. Lets let vince be his wingman...much like his days as NC with AJ. A role I've always felt he was better suited to play.

Tonight vince 6-23 (FG's) 2-2 (FT's)
Bosh 7-12 9-12

and the ball kept going to vince...Bosh had to earn his own touches. I feel it should be the other way around. Start our offence in the post allow him to kick it out to whoever is open. Lets treat this kid like the star he can be...look at the touches carmello, lebron, 'Kenny' Hinrich, and wade are getting.

It is time to anoint the new star of this team...vince isn't carying the load...even on his good nights. He's a wingman...not a star. He's Scotty Pippen...not jordan. ALl hail King Bosh

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
The ball should be moving smoothly and everyone should be getting open shots. CB should be running pick and rolls and getting looks in the post. Vince's shot isn't going to remain dormant. As he gets his legs back he should start clicking in our offense again, creating for others without all the turnovers.

VC and CB are going to improve a lot as a duo in the second half of the season. Vince and everyone on the raps has a lot of confidence in the young fella and should look to get him more and more shots. Vince is much more the creator while Bosh is more of a finisher.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
Bosh is more of a finisher.
Of course...he is forced to finish everyone else's ill advised shots. He's finishing because he's not being given the opportunity to start.
I'm not saying trade vince. I'm saying He's not a leader. Bosh is playing with more consistent confidence than vince ever has. Lets nuture that confidence. And to be entirely honest I think by shifting the focus to CB, vince will thrive. He won't be getting as much attention from other team's and bosh can hit him from the post giving him more opportunity to drive and get open looks. rather than getting him the ball from the point and making him find those looks, which usually results in a forced shot and more 6-23's night from the field.
Ever team know's that vnice is getting the ball right off the bat. And that make's it very hard for a wing player. Where as if we make them respect Bosh down low. Our entire team will find themselves with MANY more open looks.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Vince, untill he retires as a Raptor PERIOD
NO WAY.

I think starting the year after next at the latest, Bosh will be our #1 option, unless Vince truly takes his game to another level. And I don't see the latter happen.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dathomieyouhate</b>!

not true at all chris bosh is our franchise as of now. guards dont win rings they only help the big guys win the title.
Dude you're just asking Mattsanity to give you a lame MJ comparison now...

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I think that by the end of the season, Bosh will be getting 12-15 shots per contest, and Vince will still be getting 15-25.

But the future is for Bosh. The more he plays, the more I see him as a very solid, franchise player to build-around.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dathomieyouhate</b>!

ya i thought about that. but vince will never even get close to averaging 27 points again let alone 30+ like MJ
Exactly. I said in my earlier post that unless Vince takes his game to another level, and by that I mean Kobe or T-Mac's level, which STILL isn't at MJ's level, then that's the only way we wouldn't build around Bosh in the future.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Who should the offense go through right now? Vince.

Who should the offense go thorugh in a year? Prolly Bosh.

See, Bosh is still 19, and needs more time to become the leader. One game isn't enough to prove he is ready. But he should steadily become the leader over the next year.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I can't believe this is a thread...and whats worse is that most of you voted for bosh. The guy is a 19 year old rookie. Vince is BY FAR our 1st option on offense right now. Bosh definitely deserves more shots than he's getting but it has to go through vince.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The offense needs to run through Vince, but Bosh needs to get alot more touches.
Bosh is great and will be amazing, but I wouldn't say he's the franchise. It's him and VC together. It doesn't just have to be one player. That could be a great combo for years.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think that's got it - the thing is, right from the start of the year, KO was saying he wanted an "inside out" offence, not "outside in". But Vince isn't getting inside! I don't think its all his fault - double and triple teams, injuries of all sorts and lousy officiating all contribute to the problem. So, send the ball down low to Bosch - if the focus is on him THEN let our other guys try - but they should all try to take it inside first. :naughty:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Two points

A) Do people not agree that vince would be better off by an offence that at the very least spread it's attention around? Our offense is painfully predictable. And there isn't a team in the leauge that can't shut it down. Be working the ball inside everyone including vince will flourish! It forces the other teams to play us honestly

B) Lets all be honest. Vince is talented and COULD be a star. However he's been given plenty of chance. He doesn't have what it takes mentally to carry the load. we need to establish another star to take that pressure off of vince. I love the guy. be he needs to be that second option inorder to succeed. He cracks while being expected to be the guy. We've all seen that face of his. Bosh is a rock. The kid plays with CONSISTENT intensity...he needs to be our guy. and let vince be the talented, athletic wingman.

Vince doesn't have the killer insticnt...and he's proven time and time again.

PROVE ME WRONG..I would love it

·
Registered
372 Posts
No question...the number 1 offensive option is Vince Carter....

this guy has a half crippled leg..of course he isn't going to play well.....wait till he heals, then we'll see.

If VC doesn't play well this year, he will next year.
he is being critisized by almost all of his fans. I think he would, try and play harder.

VC will be the first raptor jersey to be hung in the ACC beside all of the great Maple Leafs

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.