Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it was great to see. Many of us have remarked about how lackadaisical VC has been about getting out on the break. He's been largely content to take spot up 3s trailing the action. But last night, VC was as dedicated to making the fast break happen as JKidd usually is, all game long. He got out on the wing when the opportunity arose, and once he got the ball he advanced it through the air to Vaughn or Kidd or whoever was in better position than himself. And he advanced it quickly. And when he got the ball either on the wing or trailing, he made something happen at the hoop, be that a dunk or a foul. And just as nice to see, was that when he got the ball on a defensive rebound or a steal, he threw quick, authoritative, and deep outlet passes that got the break going. And then, afterwards he ran down the court as the trailer and finished several breaks.

This is a great sign for the future. When its VC, RJ and Kidd on the break next year, LFrank and Rod are going to be happy men.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Good to hear. Gonna try to watch it tonight.

I think it's something that came instinctively to the guys that have been around. If you grab the board, you get it to Kidd right away. If somebody else grabs it, you take off.

Maybe VC needed a little time to get with the program.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
after this season vc will get to learn the system alot better and have time to do so. another reason why nets will b better next yr

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schub said:
Good to hear. Gonna try to watch it tonight.

I think it's something that came instinctively to the guys that have been around. If you grab the board, you get it to Kidd right away. If somebody else grabs it, you take off.

Maybe VC needed a little time to get with the program.
Krstic was also throwing the outlet passes quickly, crisply, and deeply.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I noticed Carter was trying to get some quick, big plays going last night too. When he tried that dunk from the all star game again where he throws it off the glass to himself, I was ready to jump up. At least Kidd got it back to him for the dunk. :)

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
SeaNet said:
Krstic was also throwing the outlet passes quickly, crisply, and deeply.
Yeah, watching it now, and I've noticed several outlet passes (from Carter and Krstic) that went beyond midcourt.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
after this season vc will get to learn the system alot better and have time to do so. another reason why nets will b better next yr

Althought I have not been a big VC fan, I agree that we should give him a chance to learn the system and run with RJ.

If you compare him to Kittles, you get half the defense, half the speed, but double the consistancy on the jumper, and triple the drive to the hoop. Carter *should* be able to catch up to Kittles on fast break running (albeit slower) and backdoor cutting. Think of all the ally-oops Carter will be getting once he learns to cut in the motion offense...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts