·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Where I come from, that’s called shitty team defense.
I watched it last night. The Nuggets post D was not good and that is why they lost. Most of Bones buckets were off the dribble. He looked confident, quick and he has put on some muscle. It will be interesting to see how they utilize him with a good team. Hopefully he gets run this year because I think he is made for the spacing that the NBA affords or as you say, shitty team defense.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,395 Posts
I watched it last night. The Nuggets post D was not good and that is why they lost. Most of Bones buckets were off the dribble. He looked confident, quick and he has put on some muscle. It will be interesting to see how they utilize him with a good team. Hopefully he gets run this year because I think he is made for the spacing that the NBA affords or as you say, shitty team defense.
Yes. I was skeptical of his physical readiness (not his ability) right away, but now I realize I’m thinking of the 90s NBA of my childhood. Now? That league really is sort of made for a skilled, quick shooter like Bones.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes. I was skeptical of his physical readiness (not his ability) right away, but now I realize I’m thinking of the 90s NBA of my childhood. Now? That league really is sort of made for a skilled, quick shooter like Bones.
Well, the NBA of my childhood included the Knicks winning championships and Bob Lanier having All-Star seasons. I even enjoyed the NBA of the 90s, as I was in my 30’s when the Knicks were good, played tough defense, but couldn’t get past Jordan and Olajuwon. Dammit.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
My normal Tight End had a bye week so I picked up Mo as a sub for the week. That was a great way to start the game for sure.
This was his first start of the season. He has four TDS in the last four games. He is becoming more of a target although he still does not get more than 4 or 5 targets a game. Mo has become a great blocker so they utilize him quite a bit for their running game. The last couple of weeks they have spread him out with the receivers. Cool to see Mo in the players introduction graphic saying he played at VCU.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I think he'll only get better as time goes on. Transitioning from basketball to football isn't done very easily, but when players can do it, they definitely grow into the role.

Just look at Antonio Gates: 24 receptions for 389 and 2 TDs in his rookie year, and then 8 straight pro bowls, 3x NFL first teams, 2x NFL second teams, and an inclusion on the 2000s all decade team.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Bones situation has been interesting in the first 6 games. Their coach (Mike Malone) is known for not trusting or giving any run to rookies. Bones has had 4 DNPs. During the 3rd game he brought them back in his 10 minutes but Malone followed it with not playing him in the 5th game. Last night they were getting smacked and their team looked like zombies. Well, in comes Bones and the energy goes thru the roof. Denver has an issue with guards and Malone likes playing vets like Facu Campazzo. The second unit has been awful and Malone kept mentioning maybe Bones. Well, Bones brought them back from the dead and my guess is that Bones will not be on the bench with DNP by his name in the box anymore.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
VCU has a big team from up top to down low. D will need to be the modus operandi of this team. Shooting? Ah, not sure. The shooters are Williams, Banks and Tsohonis. I am not sure what Tsohonis did at Washington but maybe he was on their bench because of his shot selection? Last night some of his shots were head shakers.

Oh and VCU fans have been a bit hard on Keshawn Curry as a rotation player. I sure hope he has a great season. They young man deserves it. Most people don't know that he had to leave the team last year because his brother was murdered. I hope he has an incredible year. He has looked fantastic in the Black & Gold game and this exhibition.

181 - 200 of 332 Posts