Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
221 - 240 of 332 Posts

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
It’s not a good looking shot, but I don’t care about that since it’s been going in a lot more. Tsohonis is another one who’s shot has improved since Ace had been back. I’m sure part of that is him recover from his injury, but he’s getting open in the right spots and his teammates have been finding him.
I like Ace's mechanics. His issue was getting air under his shot. He is doing better with that now.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
It’s not a good looking shot, but I don’t care about that since it’s been going in a lot more. Tsohonis is another one who’s shot has improved since Ace had been back. I’m sure part of that is him recover from his injury, but he’s getting open in the right spots and his teammates have been finding him.
By the way, I agree about Tsohonis. He is not a point guard and Vince is not a guard either. Now Tsohonis has been off the ball and Vince is playing more at the 4 position. In a way it helped them but now that Ace is back things are more normal.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Not to be contrarian...but Gilyard (NCAA all time steals leader) also is averaging 3.4 steals/game.
No! Really? Ace is doing a better job with steals the last two years so he might be in trouble although Ace probably won't play 5 years. Oh and sorry that I did not mention Gilyard in the VCU thread. Ha!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
If he gets 5 or 6 every game, he'll blow right by Gilyard before he's done.

Also...did Lumber Liquidators get liquidated?

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
In the 11 games since Ace’s return, VCU is shooting .468 & averaging 67.9 points per game. In the eight games prior, the Rams averaged 57.4 & shot .406.

Ace Baldwin has recorded 20 steals in the past four games, an average of 5.0 per contest.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 · (Edited)
Push-offs, flops, traveling…they don’t call anything in the nba

Eh, Bones went off last night. It probably was a push off but Kemba tends to flop. People love the pointing and taunting on this message board so I am glad you posted it. Ha! Crazy to think that Bones was in high school 3 years ago and not many people thought his decision was smart to leave after his sophomore year. Bones is gonna be a max contract guy in the league.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Eh, Bones went off last night. It probably was a push off but Kemba tends to flop.
Ha I was just posting because it was an amusing clip all around. The push off and the flop were both exaggerated. I love watching the Bones clips from this year. I hope somehow his success can impact our recruiting.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Ha I was just posting because it was an amusing clip all around. The push off and the flop were both exaggerated. I love watching the Bones clips from this year. I hope somehow his success can impact our recruiting.
I used to watch the Heat when I lived in South Florida. I would watch every game on TV and I would go to games from time to time. It was when Wade was young. Pre-Shaq and LeBron. I know some people who love college ball despise the NBA. It is a grind. I have watched pretty much all of the Nuggets games. I found a good NBA TV pirate stream that works every time. Bones has matured so much. He began with a bunch of DNPs in front of his name. He injured his ankle and missed games due to COVID. He kept learning and grinding. He is now the Nuggets number two point guard. It is fun to watch his growth. I also love to watch Jokic. That guy is amazing and he rarely jumps more than 2 inches off the floor. Ha!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I used to watch the Heat when I lived in South Florida. I would watch every game on TV and I would go to games from time to time. It was when Wade was young. Pre-Shaq and LeBron. I know some people who love college ball despise the NBA. It is a grind. I have watched pretty much all of the Nuggets games. I found a good NBA TV pirate stream that works every time. Bones has matured so much. He began with a bunch of DNPs in front of his name. He injured his ankle and missed games due to COVID. He kept learning and grinding. He is now the Nuggets number two point guard. It is fun to watch his growth. I also love to watch Jokic. That guy is amazing and he rarely jumps more than 2 inches off the floor. Ha!
Somewhere during the late 90s/early 00s, the NBA became boring to me. It has gotten better the last few years, but the lack of defense and free-for-all style (traveling, flops, etc) still turns me off. Also not having a team to root for doesn't help. Maybe now with the Nuggets...but when guys like Maynor or Tre went to the league, they didn't stick with one team, so I'll see what happens with Bones I guess.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Somewhere during the late 90s/early 00s, the NBA became boring to me. It has gotten better the last few years, but the lack of defense and free-for-all style (traveling, flops, etc) still turns me off. Also not having a team to root for doesn't help. Maybe now with the Nuggets...but when guys like Maynor or Tre went to the league, they didn't stick with one team, so I'll see what happens with Bones I guess.
Well, the greatest players are in the NBA. The college game can be a slog. I like basketball.

·
Piker
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 · (Edited)
Understatement of the year award..."it probably was a push off."
There is a side view of the play. Walker flopped. Bones did use his off arm but the official obviously though he over acted. Bones waited then hit the 3 and gave him the finger point. Ha! Dayton fans are still waiting on that off arm usage to be called on Langston Galloway in the A10 Tournament too.

221 - 240 of 332 Posts