Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yes, so with all OOC games you need to decide, does the expected increase in credit (reward) outweigh the expected increased risk of loss...
I’m not injecting Dayton’s scheduling philosophy in a VCU thread, but I think you play the game that gives the best reward. Winning Q3/4 games doesn’t move the NET needle. Here is a recent DDN article where Neil Sullivan makes some interesting comments about scheduling, specifically in conference playing the most q1/q2 games possible. OOC he trying to get 4 tournament quality teams plus the games at the Battle 4 Atlantis which will be a loaded field.

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I’m not injecting Dayton’s scheduling philosophy in a VCU thread, but I think you play the game that gives the best reward. Winning Q3/4 games doesn’t move the NET needle. Here is a recent DDN article where Neil Sullivan makes some interesting comments about scheduling, specifically in conference playing the most q1/q2 games possible. OOC he trying to get 4 tournament quality teams plus the games at the Battle 4 Atlantis which will be a loaded field.

I should have put it in the Around the League thread because this news became about the A10. Bernie told David Teel it was not about dropping series but they are suggesting that teams try their best to play sub-100 NET games on the road.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
And would explain why we are replacing ODU with a top 10 road game W&M…
Well, it will take a year to get this right but one thing that is difficult is predicting who will be beneficial. It is like preseason polls with coaches deciding. Ha! UR probably wanted to honor the away game with W&M on the road this year. I am surprised that VCU canceled ODU this year because they would have been at the Stu.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well, it will take a year to get this right but one thing that is difficult is predicting who will be beneficial. It is like preseason polls with coaches deciding. Ha! UR probably wanted to honor the away game with W&M on the road this year. I am surprised that VCU canceled ODU this year because they would have been at the Stu.
We will see how it finally shakes out. But for now it appears we canceled this year's game at ODU for a home game vs W&M as the START of a H&H series...

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
We will see how it finally shakes out. But for now it appears we canceled this year's game at ODU for a home game vs W&M as the START of a H&H series...
Interesting.

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Don't want to keep adding this on your thread but both teams claim it starts as a home game for them, and appears to be 4 to 6 games...
Someone on here claimed at one time after a close game with W&M that they were a top team so maybe it will work out. 🤣

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Bernie says it is time to throw out those 100+ NET road games.

·
Piker
11,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Reactions: JonBoy
301 - 313 of 313 Posts