Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Piker
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Here are two interesting VCU basketball blasts from the past.

Phil Stinnie was in my class and he was a phenomenal player. His senior season was one of the best individual performances in the program's history.

David Hinton was a walk-on and now he is on President Biden's secret service detail.

·
Super Moderator
6,540 Posts
VCU fights back; secures big road win at URI, 63-62

Bones Hyland hit the biggest shot of his night with just 3.9 seconds left in the game. The sophomore guard, who had a game-high 24 points on 8-17 shooting, knocked down the last of his 5 made threes to secure the 63-62 road win for VCU (13-4; 6-2 A10). URI, who shot 5-8 for the game from the charity stripe, missed two crucial free throws down the stretch to potentially put VCU away....

https://www.vcuramnation.com/.../vcu-fights-back-secures.../

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I just heard this. Man, I have no idea what happened, but I am sorry to hear it. I enjoyed watching him play. Hoping he's ok.

·
Piker
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
I just heard this. Man, I have no idea what happened, but I am sorry to hear it. I enjoyed watching him play. Hoping he's ok.
The "not allowed to comment" part is bad. I heard about it this morning as well. I got a text saying that he was gone. He made the trip to Rhode Island and participated in the afternoon shoot around but then he did not appear on the bench. After the game Coach Rhoades said, it is a University suspension and I am leaving it at that.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yeah, I saw Mike's comment last night and it sounded bad. I was hoping it was something they were just dealing with internally, but I agree, it sounds like something pretty bad at this point.

·
Piker
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Piker
10,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Interesting given what has come out so far. But this could also mean lots of things, so I will go back to not knowing anything.
Lots of hearsay and assumptions have come out. To me this is VCU not wanting to throw the kid under the bus. You can't play here anymore but we are not going to trash you. Players have independence to choose offers in the portal and he might just be trying to make things happen for himself. Heck, he could have been unhappy as a back up to a freshman.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts