Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
What a entertaining 2nd half of basketball last night. Some late game turnovers proved our demise. While I thought Lamb was fouled on the first of the 3 sequential turnovers the game overall was really well officiated. They let them play and didnt call any ticky tack fouls.
I actually think the officiating in the AE is pretty good for a mid major conference, but they are a level below what we got vs Big East and ACC teams. Even on the road, there was no home cooking. As you said, they let them play and still kept the games under control.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Nice showing by UVM. Hung with Virginia and played them tougher than anybody else (including Syracuse in its own dome). Three road wins thus far with with victories at BE and A-10 schools. Putting together a resume that could be NCAA at large worthy.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Not sure it's worth worrying about what seed unless and until we win the AE conference championship (see: 3/10/18). I can't think UVM or any AE rep would ever be considered for an at-large bid.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Most "bracketologists" have them as a 12-seed right now. How would UVM possibly any lower?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wofford was a seven seed last year. That was without any legitimate power conference wins in the OCC. Wofford got absolutely ROASTED by a Azubuike- and LeGerald Vick-less KU squad (47-72). Everyone in America nevertheless remained drunk on Fletcher McGee's "talent" so Wofford became a seven seed. Only marquee wins were beating Furman twice and dominating their conference more generally.

Right now (assuming no collapses and 1-2 more L's max for the rest of regular season), anything higher than an 11-seed for UVM would be a crime.
I hear you. It’s just so so early. And they didn’t actually get the win. Just like they didn’t against Kansasor Louisville last year. And they were a 13 then. And there’s no other teams on the slate that are remotely top 25 left. And NCAA has notgivenan at large to some mid majors with only 3 losses in the past I think.

·
Premium Member
32,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Big question right now is whether the America East is going to even have another 20 game winner. Not sure I can see who that might look like right now-SBU? Just picked up 3 D1 wins. Still early.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Not sure it's worth worrying about what seed unless and until we win the AE conference championship (see: 3/10/18). I can't think UVM or any AE rep would ever be considered for an at-large bid.
This is hypothetical but if an AE team had a strong non-conference SOS and won most of those games, they "could" get an at-large. I think that's how Gonzaga built it's stature. The problem is, an AE team would have to do it on the road.

·
Premium Member
32,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Duncan Demuth is Clancy Rugg senior year at Rice skinny.

Patella might end up being king of the bench mob.

·
Premium Member
32,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Arizona State besting Virginia 35-26 in second half right now.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,250 Posts
Except that Virginia came back and won. UMass is young, but they've got more offensive talent than St. Johns.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts