Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Extra Spicy Takes
3,510 Posts
Sure, Lamb shot 2-12 from 3. Rest of team? 3-16. Missed layups, turnovers and inability to create offense away from Lamb is putting a lot on his shoulders, IMO.
There were smarter plays for everyone to make, including Lamb. Lamb is obviously an NBA level talent, but you have to call it out when he makes bad decisions. Still a lot to learn. I know he will, and this team will get better. We've been here before.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
There were smarter plays for everyone to make, including Lamb. Lamb is obviously an NBA level talent, but you have to call it out when he makes bad decisions. Still a lot to learn. I know he will, and this team will get better. We've been here before. View attachment 20557
He's not... Not an NBA level player. Quicker you all figure it out the better for all. He can't shoot and to short for a guy who's not really a wing. He's a dime a dozen on the NBA. May get a cup of coffee in the d league.

I know that will rankle some chains but enough already...I'm sorry for being so blunt. He keeps getting that pressure put on him.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I wish Lamb shot better, but I didn’t have a problem with a single shot he took. Sure, I’d like him to get more shots from 5ft in, but with both Atkinson and Brunner covering him, and nobody else being able to make Yale pay off the double, then it’s going to force him outside. How many wide open shots did his teammates miss? Or fumble a pass that should have led to a layup, or turn it over?. The more other guys start to step up the more efficient Lamb will become.

·
Extra Spicy Takes
3,510 Posts
He's not... Not an NBA level player. Quicker you all figure it out the better for all. He can't shoot and to short for a guy who's not really a wing. He's a dime a dozen on the NBA. May get a cup of coffee in the d league.

I know that will rankle some chains but enough already...I'm sorry for being so blunt. He keeps getting that pressure put on him.

NBA level talent, NBA G-League level talent, NBA Jam level talent. Call it what you want. Still the best player in the conference and one of the best in NCAA D1. The point is he is better than what he's been showing. I have no doubt he will get back to that and improve from there.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
6-11 2's, 2-12 3's, 0-0 FT's. Why is this math so MFing difficult to understand?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,256 Posts
As a team they shot 7 FT's. They took 28 3's. 31 2's. What is wrong with that picture? There is a toughness and leadership issue right now. And there's blame enough to go around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There will be no NIT or NCAA tour.unless changes are made. Lamb will have his bad games and we well lose. Lets face it,the rest of his supporting cast are avg. at best. Lets hope when we get to the AE play offs Lamb can carry us into the NCAA"s and we can maybe pull an upset or two !!!! Beckett should be in the rotation--he is going to be a very good player ()Yale would defeat us 7 out of 10 games-just all around better players

·
Premium Member
32,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
3pt % FG is 329 out of 350 in NCAA. Not sure if that includes the Yale game or not, but unless that changes this team may not go where many want/think it can.

The line change is likely a contributing factor, but it’s not only the loss of Ernie. We may have to come to terms with the fact that we just don’t have the personnel to shoot that shot and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mom sister or aunt? Yikes...

Aunt I think. Looks like it got deleted though. It said "A little support from your coach might help" which you don't wanna see any family members tweeting. Last thing this team needs is a rift between the coaches and Team Lamb played out online...but now we know it's there. Great.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts