Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am proudly, proudly writing UVM into the next round.

CONGRATULATIONS CATS!

I was rooting hard for you guys tonight.

Great win for the program and the America East.

Agel did his homework. Mopa-Njila had a career night. Everyone played their part.

Cinderella has a new name. UVM.

Reactions: Drew VT 6

·
Registered
59 Posts
First they humiliate NU in the League final, now they go and royally screw up my brackets. Argh!

Oh yeah, congradulations, good for them, it's great for the conference, so on and so forth, etc, etc... :verysad:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I lost my office pool as I had Syracuse winning it all.

Proud of the job Vermont did. They're putting the AE on the map.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AWESOME game vermont! Everyone played great for your team, it was truely a team effort. May we both do well in the next round.

GO CATS!
GO WOLFPACK!

·
Registered
275 Posts
They didn't show the entire game in Atlanta - Duke was the primary game, but Mopa Njila looked great. Not just the points, but he had a lot of rebounds and a key steal near the end of OT. He also would have had the game winner in regulation if he didn't step out of bounds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats from another Nevada fan! What a great game.
You're not done yet though. I've got you guys in the Sweet 16 and would love to see you knock off Mich St or Old Dominion.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
tahoe said:
AWESOME game vermont! Everyone played great for your team, it was truely a team effort. May we both do well in the next round.

GO CATS!
GO WOLFPACK!
Actually, a lot of people knew that Vermont would give Syracuse trouble. No one thought they would actually win, but a lot of people knew it would be competitive....TJ Sorrentine really got himself off the hook by hitting that 3 at the end, he was really playing terribly IMO....great game, and I hope that the Cinderella story continues, until they meet UW-Milwaukee in the final ;)

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Anyone elses bracket completely ****ed? Im not surprised that Vermont won at all but I just thought Syracuse would pull it out and end up beating Duke...oh well...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Great job Vermont, I thought this would be the most difficult game for the Orange until they met Duke--looks like I chose to ride the wrong pony. It will be worth losing a few bucks to have seen the "mighty" fall to the "weak".

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,877 Posts
Unreal, guys, unreal. One heck of a win. No excuses for the 'Cuse. Brennan and the boys had 'em looking way out of whack.

Always liked Sorrentine, but man, does that kid have ice in his veins. What a monster 3. And Mopa Njila was just gigantic.

I was saying that, to this point, this tournament was a major dud. Even the upsets were blowouts. But those in Worcester got their money's worth tonight. That was one heck of a ballgame.

Now let's go ODU.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll save my first post for the best win in UVM history.

Great defense to hold Warrick and take McNamara completely out of the game.

Vermonters all over are smiling tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I don't think there is any more to say than: HELL YEAH!!!! I am going to have such a hard time sleeping tonight, and I gotta get up really early tommorow...to pull off an upset of my own (scholars bowl, academic competitions)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts