Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the last loss of the season always stings, but your guys gave you some memories to cherish for a lifetime. Congrats! :clap:

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
As much crap I gave Dr. Ego this year, all I have to say to the Cat Faithful is

Ibid.

Not much else to say that others have already said. Y'all may think I'm being phony or fake, but congrats on a great season.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well, the run had to finally come to an end. Michigan State really did a great job shutting down Coppenrath. I have never seen him appear to be so mortal, the big trees for Michigan State were immovable. Anyways, it was a great, great run, really sad to see the seniors go.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What more can we say....thanks for an unbelievable season!!

As funny as this may sound, I think TC played a pretty good game....took solid shots against tough defense..I have never seen so many shots rim out.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Did anyone else think those announcers were terrible? What a bunch of big conference homers. I know Vermont is not as athletic as Michigan State, I got that after the 58th time they mentioned it in the first three minutes. Every time Michigan State would dunk, the announcer would say how demoralizing that must be for UVM to see. Like we have never seen a slam dunk before. Pathetic. The color guy basically was putting UVM down the whole game, all the while Vermont was hanging in there.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
UVM_92 said:
What more can we say....thanks for an unbelievable season!!

As funny as this may sound, I think TC played a pretty good game....took solid shots against tough defense..I have never seen so many shots rim out.
I noticed that too, he could not catch a break...niether could the rest of the team.

I wish it could never end, but it has to, Jesse Agel has to have landed himself a job somewhere now...he coached two really great games.

Here's to 2004-2005 :cheers:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just want to say congrats to the UVM fans for a good season. No, I still dont like Hehn or Brennan, but otherwise you guys gave the AE (which, true, I no longer care too much about) good press, and helped NU's overall RPI :D

You guys also TOTALLY outclassed UConn fans. UConn is about a half hour from Worcester, and they made no noise, and had no affect on the building. More on the game in the other thread.

·
Registered
453 Posts
what a season.. i loved all of it.. sad to see this team end it's run.. i'm really going to miss the seniors, but i was glad it lasted as lasted as long as it did, great effort tonight, TC just had a struggle.. and Sorrentine couldn't do it all.. great season.. i look forward to seeing TC in the NBA!

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Congrats on the season UVM fans.

I'm glad we lost out to a team whose fanbase would really treasure and deserved a major victory.

I will be working in Montreal for about 10 weeks over the next year, so I might try to make the trip down to Burlington to get a flavour of A-East ball. Who would be Vermont's greatest rival be?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You know what happened, don't you?

UVM got caught looking ahead to Duke, and Michigan State snuck up on them. :smile:

But what can you say...they played their hardest for 40 minutes against a tremendous college basketball program, in a game most of the world didn't think they'd be in anyway. They gave it everything they had, but a lot of shots just wouldn't fall, and by the end of the day, you could tell who was the Big 10 team, and who was the America East team.

But that's ok...this Vermont team doesn't owe anybody anything. And this is the beauty of mid-major basketball: In 5, 10, 20 years...people won't remember the 2005 Catamounts by saying, "Yeah, their season ended with a loss to Michigan State in the 2nd Round". The memory of this game will fade just a little, just enough. But the Syracuse win...that'll live forever, as if it happened yesterday.

Good Luck Taylor, TJ, Germain, David, and Alex...for showing the people of Vermont how to win, and how to win with style, class, and professionalism. The NCAA couldn't ask for better representatives of being tremendous student-athletes, and regardless of your futures, you're already winners.

Good Luck, Tom Brennan...you're not the best coach, you're not the best publicist, but you might be the best combination of the two. This program is better now than when you got here...and I gotta think you had at least a little to do with that.

Good Luck, Jesse Agel...I second the motion of someone in this thread: you just earned yourself on somebody's sideline next year. You didn't get your Dream Job, but your coaching days aren't over.

Good Luck, underclassmen...remember what this feels like, and work each day to get back to it.

Good Luck, Mike Lonergan...in the past 3 days, part of your job got a whole lot easier...and part of your job got a whole lot harder. I hope you watched these last 2 games on live TV to get a feeling, in the moment, for what your new job is all about.

Go Cats Go!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
foreverloveVermont said:
xxx Black0ut, Why don't you like Tom Brennan and especially why don't you like David Hehn?

He is from Northeastern. Hehn is considered a dirty player to him, as we UVM fans consider Barnes and Barea dirty players . I don't think black0ut has to reiterate his piont, because that would just make a good thread go bad. We can just respect his opinion and move on.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congratulations to UVM and their fans for a truly great season. You couldn't have represented us in the AE better on the national stage. I think its safe to say most of us were UVM fans over the last week or so...

Congrats again!

·
Registered
341 Posts
theycallmemattmo said:
He is from Northeastern. Hehn is considered a dirty player to him, as we UVM fans consider Barnes and Barea dirty players . I don't think black0ut has to reiterate his piont, because that would just make a good thread go bad. We can just respect his opinion and move on.
thanks, you summed it up pretty good.

For what its worth, I dislike Hehn more than Brennan. Otherwise I dont mind any of the UVM players (I gave 4 of the 5 a standing ovation for the lineups vs. Mich St., I'll let you guess who I wasnt clapping for :biggrin: )

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
dirty or not hehn has never blatantly punched an oposing player in the face during game time, let alone a defensless player trapped in a pig pile. Had he done that against northeastern instead of barea doing it to vermont, NU fans would be calling for his head, instead of trying to rationalize his actions.

·
Registered
341 Posts
ginzo said:
dirty or not hehn has never blatantly punched an oposing player in the face during game time, let alone a defensless player trapped in a pig pile. Had he done that against northeastern instead of barea doing it to vermont, NU fans would be calling for his head, instead of trying to rationalize his actions.

i'm not sure where this comes from? At the wishes of the UVM fans I didnt argue why I thought what I did of him, and they respected my opinion. Why do you need to stir the pot? I also didnt say anything about Jose.

You're way off base with that post, and beating a dead horse. I would argue with specifics, but again, this should be a positive thread for UVM's season, and I wont comment furthur... I dont get why you felt the need to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts