Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
Quick thing I wrote about UVM's sudden European pipeline. Trying to get back into writing regularly again. Not really much I haven't already said here, but it's there.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Woodcroft named an assistant coach for Tre Kronor at the Olympics

Awesome opportunity. But am I to interpret that (unlike his coaching work in the World Juniors) he'll actually be in Beijing with the team? Curious as to how early he'll be joining the squad. That could end up being a pretty sizeable chunk of time away from UVM (not that I think we'll be playing a lot of high-leverage games in February).

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
IIHF women's worlds start today. UVM has 4 current players or alumnae: Current players Natálie Mlýnková and Tynka Pátková for Czechia and Sini Karjalainen for Finland, and alumna Sammy Kolowrat for the Czechs.

Czechs currently lead Denmark 3-1

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
also i was bored and looked at the master schedule so here have the UVM hockey home schedules for 2021/22 subject to change:

Men's Hockey

Oct 2 vs McGill
Oct 8-9 vs Colgate
Oct 16 vs Quinnipiac
Oct 23 vs RPI
Oct 29-30 vs BC
Nov 19-20 vs Providence
Dec 10-11 vs UMass Lowell
Jan 14-15 vs Northeastern
Jan 28-29 vs Alaska
Feb 11 vs UNH
Feb 13 vs Merrimack
Feb 25-26 vs UMass

Women's Hockey

Oct 1-2 vs RPI
Oct 9-10 vs Colgate
Oct 22 vs Holy Cross
Oct 24 vs Merrimack
Nov 12-13 vs Northeastern
Nov 26-27 vs Syracuse
Dec 10 vs BC
Jan 2 vs Maine
Jan 7-8 vs UConn
Jan 21-22 vs Providence
Jan 30 vs UNH
Feb 11-12 vs BU

·
Comrade Fox
2,089 Posts
UVM announcing some staff updates today.

Pat Dooley joins as equipment manager from Muskegon (USHL)
Max Gavin joins as Director of Hockey Ops from Adrian (D-III)
Drew Michals as Volunteer Assistant/Goalie Coach from Franklin Pierce (D-II)

And Patrick Sharp as a coaching advisor, which I'd be more excited for if not for the ongoing 2010 Blackhawks situation considering UVM is going through the exact same thing with the MBB program. Probably unfair to Pat, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
UVM announcing some staff updates today.

Pat Dooley joins as equipment manager from Muskegon (USHL)
Max Gavin joins as Director of Hockey Ops from Adrian (D-III)
Drew Michals as Volunteer Assistant/Goalie Coach from Franklin Pierce (D-II)

And Patrick Sharp as a coaching advisor, which I'd be more excited for if not for the ongoing 2010 Blackhawks situation considering UVM is going through the exact same thing with the MBB program. Probably unfair to Pat, but it is what it is.
I'm assuming the Sharp role is like what Babcock did last year, being able to advise virtually/from afar with maybe occasionally swinging through Burlington.

I'm glad to see him on board because (as an admitted outsider) Sharp always seemed to be the highest profile alum who didn't really feel connected to this program. On a surface level, anyway. He was only here 2 years...2 pretty terrible years in terms of on-ice team performance. It didn't ever feel like UVM was an integral part of his story, and that he succeeded in spite of his time here, not necessarily because of it (you could probably draw some emerging parallels to Ross Colton). So to see him come back as an alum and invest his time in this program is great for the team, and great for Woodcroft when it comes to selling this team, because even if his time in BTV wasn't really successful, he's the kind of post-Marty success story the UVM staff should promote.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts